Fall 2014 Internship - Metropolitan Hospitality - New York Mets (Flushing, NY)New York Mets
Ticket Fulfillment Representative - New York Mets (Flushing, NY)New York Mets
2015 Internship - Guest Experience - New York Mets (Flushing, NY)New York Mets
Professional Sports Writing InternSan Francisco Dogfish
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)Ticket 2 Greatness
Sports Performance CoachBookmark This
The Sport and Speed Institute, LLC
14550 Lee Road
DescriptionThe Sport and Speed Institute is home of the best Northern Virginia youth sports performance and speed training programs. Our strength is the ability to combine the science of training with the art of coaching. At SSI, athletes achieve results through personalized, cutting edge programs delivered through quality coaching that is in keeping with our core values of hard work, perseverance, dedication, discipline and teamwork.
The Sport and Speed Institute offers internship opportunities for all of our training programs. SSI internships are designed to give individuals hands-on experience, and to provide an educational opportunity to learn training and coaching techniques.
ResponsibilitiesSSI interns acquire valuable skills and knowledge through hands-on experience as they assist in the development and implementation of our programs. Interns will:
• Prescribe and implement strength and conditioning programs for high school and collegiate athletes.
• Learn speed training protocols.
• Identify and prescribe appropriate conditioning and flexibility programs for various levels of athletes and clients.
• Acquire knowledge of proper exercise techniques and the use of strength training equipment.
• Acquire basic knowledge of rehabilitation exercise techniques.
• Learn safety procedures and be able to identify potentially hazardous situations as they relate to the sports performance environment.
• Develop coaching skills in working with individuals of all ages.
• Develop communication skills necessary for working with youth and parents.
• Honesty, integrity, and punctuality.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including after school hours and evenings in Chantilly, Virginia.
• Commitment to work through the length of a program, typically 8 to 12 weeks.
• Desire and ability to work with youth ages 9 and up.
How to Apply:
Email us at SportandSpeedTeam@gmail.com telling us about your background and what your goals would be during an internship at SSI. You may include a resume, and please include email and phone contact information and available start date.