Sports / Sports Marketing Graphic DesignBartoo Associates, LLC - DBA The College Football Matrix
Corporate Sales & Marketing InternshipJackson Generals Baseball Club
Sports Management InternshipLoneStar Sports and Social Club
Sports Administration & Event Management for NSC and MASCNational Sports Center
NASCAR Diversity Internship programNASCAR
Start as a Sports Analyst at Sidelines and be recruited by top sports sites and publishers!Bookmark This
San Francisco, CA
DescriptionWhat is Sidelines?
Sidelines (http://sidelinesapp.com) is a platform for high-quality discussions about sports, powered by a community of contributors that comprises aspiring sports writers and analysts like you. Sidelines features a reputation system that tracks expertise around sports and is becoming the de-facto measure of expertise and influence in the world of sports.
In addition, Sidelines powers the discussions sections of several popular sports blogs and sites that showcase the analysis generated by Sidelines’ contributors.
What is the Sidelines Analyst Program?
Do you absolutely love to talk about sports and have been looking for a way to break into the field of sports writing and analysis? If so, then the Sidelines Analyst Program is designed for you! Our 4-6 week program will help you improve your writing, analysis and social media skills and get you ready for primetime in your first sports writing job.
Once accepted into the Sidelines Analyst Program, you will work closely with an assigned mentor through the duration of the program and receive regular, one-on-one guidance as you go through a structured curriculum. As an Analyst, you will publish short-form and long-form sports content which will be evaluated by experienced mentors who will provide detailed feedback on each piece you write.
Top graduates of the Sidelines Analyst Program will have the opportunity to join Bleacher Report’s Advanced Program in Sports Media, in addition to being referred to positions at several other sports publishers who partner with Sidelines.
ResponsibilitiesWhy Join the Sidelines Analyst Program?
The Sidelines Analyst Program’s mission is to create better writers and analysts through a curriculum designed to teach those important skills needed to produce professional-quality content–in other words, not to leave writers on an island to fend for themselves.
There are several advantages to being accepted into Sidelines’ Analyst Program:
• Bleacher Report partners with Sidelines to recruit top graduates of our Analyst Program for their Advanced Sports Media Program. Participants in the Advanced Sports Media program then go on to write for Bleacher Report and other major sports sites. Thousands apply each year for a highly coveted spot in this respected program, but fewer than 100 applicants are accepted. Graduating at the top of the Sidelines Analyst class is a direct shortcut to writing for Bleacher Report. There are also several other well-known sports content publishers who recruit Analysts from Sidelines.
• Your Sidelines reputation score–known as Rep–will be an indicator of your real-world expertise on your favorite sports and teams. The higher your Rep, the more exposure you’ll receive, and, in turn, the higher your chance of getting recruited by one of the many Sidelines partners.
• Through the Sidelines plugin that powers the discussion sections of several sports sites and blogs, your writing and Rep will be seen not just by users on Sidelines, but by over 2 million sports fans across the Web. Sidelines Analysts thus gain massive exposure which draws the attention of potential employers from all around sports world.
• Sidelines offers internships, too! You can earn college credit while you are in the Analyst Program. Simply check with your school to see if credits are available for internships. We would be more than happy to assist you with any necessary forms employers are required to fill out.
• You can work from anywhere in the world!
RequirementsWhat qualifications do I need to be considered for the Analyst Program?
• Strong writing, critical thinking and analysis skills. Candidates should be able to construct strong arguments and back them up with data, not just opinion.
• Deep understanding of at least two of the following sports (preferably more): NFL, NBA, College Football, College Basketball, NHL, Soccer (EPL and MLS), MMA, and Tennis.
• Strong communication skills and ability to absorb and improve through targeted feedback.
• Completed, or currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or a related major recommended, but not required.
What is the application process?
• Sign up for Sidelines (http://sidelinesapp.com) and make at least 5 replies. Include a link to your Sidelines profile in your application email.
• Send a resume as a .pdf or .doc form, or paste it in the email.
• Send a sample of a post you would publish on Sidelines. Follow the examples of discussion generating posts you’ll find on our site.
• If you have published long-form sports articles, include links to them.
• Applications will take anywhere from 7-10 days to evaluate.
• We are only interested in helping aspiring writers become great writers over the course of 4-6 weeks. Our acceptance rate is < 20%to ensure our partners can choose from the very best.