Tennis Club Staff Intern - SummerBookmark This
International Tennis Hall of Fame
194 Bellevue Avenue
DescriptionThe Tennis Hall of Fame at the Newport Casino, site of the first U.S. National Championships in 1881, was founded by tennis innovator James Van Alen in 1954 as "a shrine to the ideals of the game." The Tennis Hall of Fame was officially sanctioned by the United States Tennis Association in 1954 and was recognized by the International Tennis Federation in 1986. The Hall of Fame Tennis Clubs operates 13 outdoor grass courts, 1 outdoor clay court and 3 indoor courts throughout the year. We separate our operations into two distinct seasons with the outdoor courts playable from May through Sept and the indoor courts playable from Sept into May of each year.
An intern’s concentration embraces the front desk information services, reservations, financial transactions and record keeping as well as assisting with the Pro Shop sales, inventory, and purchasing. Interns will also participate in the team style management of junior and adult programming, member relations initiatives and the public marketing of tennis operation offerings. We are looking for students with a high level of people skills, sports interest, accounting, finance and marketing. Sports management concentration, prior high school or collegiate tennis team participation or avid tennis enthusiast a plus.
This is a college credit internship program with a daily stipend of $20 per day and can be a full time or part time position with a minimum of 25 hours per week.
Responsibilities• Interact with members and general public with a professional, courteous and helpful manner.
• Perform various administrative duties such as answering and executing member inquiries, securing reservations from general public and membership, processing financial transactions and recording the activity into the database.
• Promote all club programs and special events through direct and indirect marketing.
• Assist with Pro Shop sales and service.
• Assist with inventory management and re-order scheduling.
• Assist with junior and adult tennis programming instruction/clinics, tournaments and club events.
• Prepare forecasts, summaries and evaluations on various events and activities.
• Maintain a neat and professional appearance at all times.
Requirements• The summer internship runs from the beginning of June into August and the hours will range from 25-40 hours per week.
• Must be highly motivated and able to function in a fast-paced, multitasking environment with ability to work independently.
• Should possess a good understanding of finance and accounting as it applies to a business concern.
• Students must possess excellent oral and communication skills
• Must be able to provide a high level of customer satisfaction
• Students should be proficient with Microsoft office suite and be comfortable with select customized software applications
• May be required to lift not more than 50 lbs.
• Summer interns will be required to work day shift or afternoon shift until sunset with some flexibility as to scheduling. Weekend shifts will also be required as applicable.