Tickets/Community Relations Internship (Summer)Bookmark This
1575 Firestone Parkway
DescriptionServes as a liaison between the team and fans wishing to purchase tickets. Interns will cultivate relationships with these groups and try to engage with the community outside of the softball world to create interest in attending Racers games. Interns will be responsible for selling tickets, making phone calls to an existing database, cold calling, filling walk-in and phone orders, supervising and staffing ticket windows during games, customer service during and following games, compiling daily/weekly sales numbers, orchestrating group outings, and other office and stadium duties as needed.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
Account Executives must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Polished presentation skills with an ability to think and react to situations confidently
- Excellent relationship building and people skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- A go-getter, with drive and initiative to succeed and develop a career in sports
- Assertive, persistent and results oriented while looking to succeed personally, ability to support team environment and adhere to departmental guidelines.
- Working knowledge of the internet and Microsoft office
- Ability to consistently re-prioritize based on sales needs
- Ability to thrive under a competitive sales environment
- High energy, ability to remain focused and work independently
- Work weekends and a minimum of two days during normal business hours
Education: Some college coursework completed, for credit internship preferred but not required to be considered for this position
Experience: No experience required, however prior sales experience is preferred
Commission: Ticket interns can earn commission based on sales performance
Note: When you apply for this job, please answer the following in your cover letter:
1. What do you hope to take out of an internship with the Akron Racers?
2. Why do you believe an internship within the Ticket Department will help your personal or career goals?
3. Do you have local housing or the ability to secure it? (this is an unpaid internship)
To Apply: Email your resume, cover letter and at least two references in PDF format to Stacy Corp at Stacycorp@akronracers.us