Tournament Management InternBookmark This
International Tennis Hall of Fame & Museum
194 Bellevue Avenue
DescriptionThe Hall of Fame Tennis Championships, a stop on the men’s ATP World Tour, and the Hall of Fame’s Enshrinement Ceremony, is scheduled for July 5-13, 2014. The tournament attracts some of the world’s top players, an on-site audience of 20,000 and is broadcast to more than 60 million homes around the world. The Enshrinement Ceremony will honor the Class of 2014 on Saturday, July 12. The 2014 nominees are headlined by Lindsay Davenport. For more information, please visit www.HallofFameTennisChampionships.com.
An intern’s concentration is on the management, marketing and administration in the preparation for the tournament and all the events during that week. We are looking for students who take initiative, are enthusiastic, motivated, and have a strong work ethic.
Responsibilities• Serve as a liaison with sponsor representatives and facilitate sponsor packages
• Implement marketing strategies to increase ticket sales, and further ideas to promote the Hall of Fame Tennis Championships
• Coordinate boxholder packages, clinics, gifts and mailings
• Management of volunteers, ballkids, junior clinics and product acquisition
• Coordination with third party vendors/exhibitors
• Work in development and distribution of printed materials, program production, signage, etc.
• Manage designated areas of tournament operations
• Update and manage HallofFameTennisChampionships.com
• Implement player and hospitality sponsor events
• Manage player relations, accommodations, hospitality, transportation, etc.
Requirements• Must be highly motivated and able to function in a fast-paced, multitasking environment with ability to work independently
• Students must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
• Must be able to provide high level of customer service
• Students must be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite and have excellent internet research skills
• Sales experience a plus
• Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or Publisher a plus
The Summer Internship is from the end of the semester (May) through July. Students interested in the summer positions must be prepared to work from July 2 – July 13 everyday (all day). Prior to June 30, hours may be flexible ranging from 30 – 40 hours weekly; after the tournament, interns can expect flexible hours.
All applicants must come from accredited schools, be applying for a school-approved internship and receiving credit. Students receiving academic credit receive a $20 per day stipend.