Players Operation InternOakland Outlawz ABA Basketball Team
Ticket Sales InternOakland Outlawz ABA Basketball Team
IMMEDIATE NEED! Full Time Entry-Level & Summer WorkMidwest Focus Group
Ticket Office InternshipUniversity of Arkansas at Little Rock Athletics
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)Team Assault Basketball
Video Editing and Processing InternshipRealPlay
Sports Performance/ Physical Training InternshipProForce Sports Performance Training
Digital Media / Journalism Intern (Blazersland.com)Bookmark This
Posted: June 01 2016
Company Location: Portland, OR
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionReporting to the virtual Editor-in-Chief, the Digital Media Intern will assist with development, maintaining and supporting Blazersland.com and all of the website's digital and social media assets.
Blazersland.com is a fan driven website dedicated to covering the Portland Trail Blazers by providing unique and original content. Our site covers various news, rumors, analysis, Q&A's, opinions, and on-going conversations in and around Rip City. We strive to provide premier Blazers related content for all fans near or far.
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the virtual Editor-in-Chief
- Proofreading electronic copies, basic copyediting, and writing of articles and discussion
- Assist with the development, arrangement and posting of content on Blazersland.com and on other digital and social media assets
- Assist with obtaining game-day photos, social content, and any other duties assigned
- Research ways to improve the social media platforms and integration on Blazersland.com
- Assist with the management of sponsored tabs, contests and promotions, including providing analytic reports and archiving database records.
- Researching potential vendors for the Trail Blazers/Rose Quarter to partner with for future social media engagements
- Contribute to the organization’s social media strategy on all networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Vine, Snapchat, etc.)
- Align and conform digital content to the website's strategic goals and objectives
- Assist with other duties as necessary
- Work on special assignments, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or computer science
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Able to work independently and prioritize
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Must be self-starter, detail-oriented with constant follow through
- Exceptional project management skills
- Interest in creating working relationships with a variety of team, media and community contacts
- Interest in website maintenance (WordPress experience a plus)
- Knowledge of Google applications, especially Drive, Docs, and Sheets
- Knowledge of core social media networks including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop or other comparable photo/image editing software a plus
SkillsRequired - Digital Media, Digital Journalism, Article Writing
Preferred - WordPress, Sports Analysis, Sports Enthusiast