Athletic Department InternHistoric Dodgertown Sports & Conference Center
Valley Baseball League Sports Media Relations InternshipValley Baseball League
Do you play Hockey? Wanted Hockey Assistant CoachesEuro School of Tennis
Sports Interns WantedEuro School of Tennis
Sport and Recreation Management InternshipSportsLink
Jacksonville (FL) Sports MarketerInsider Exposure
Professional Sports Team Seeking Entry Level CandidatesElite Solutions
Archery InstructorCamp Emerson
Editorial / Journalism Intern for Water Sport event for WomenBookmark This
The Butterfly Effect
Posted: May 09 2016
Company Location: Haiku, HI
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionHelp create content and tell the story of The Butterfly Effect event (www.betheeffect.com) around the world. The event empowers women in water sports and give back to local charities around the globe. With a goal to go "green" at each event and promote a sustainable lifestyle, The Butterfly Effect is spreading its wings and needs you to be apart of the team in able to grow into its full potential.
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus