Athletic Department InternHistoric Dodgertown Sports & Conference Center
Valley Baseball League Sports Media Relations InternshipValley Baseball League
Do you play Hockey? Wanted Hockey Assistant CoachesEuro School of Tennis
Sports Interns WantedEuro School of Tennis
Sport and Recreation Management InternshipSportsLink
Jacksonville (FL) Sports MarketerInsider Exposure
Professional Sports Team Seeking Entry Level CandidatesElite Solutions
Archery InstructorCamp Emerson
Games & Delegation Administration InternshipBookmark This
Special Olympics Florida- Miami-Dade
155 S Miami Ave #200
Posted: August 26 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWork Location: Special Olympics Miami-Dade County Office
Commitment: Four to ten hours per week for a minimum of four months, or sixteen week school semester. Specific schedule to be agreed upon by Intern, Volunteer Manager, and Department Supervisor.
Job Summary: Special Olympics serves over 4,000 athletes in Miami-Dade County. In this internship you will work with the Games and Delegation Manager to ensure that all sports training and competition administrative requirements and preparations are completed in a timely fashion.
• Opportunity to make a positive difference in the community
• Valuable experience working in a team environment
• Possible school credit, contingent upon school approval
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a resume and cover letter to Special Olympics Florida - Miami-Dade County Volunteer Manager, Amanda Spies, via email at email@example.com.
For more information about this Internship, please contact the Special Olympics Miami-Dade County Volunteer Manager.
Volunteer Manager, Miami-Dade County
Special Olympics Florida
• Assist with preparing for sports competitions, including but not limited to:
o registering athletes for the competition;
o tracking registration numbers;
o preparing coaches’ information and materials for the competition;
o putting together supplies for competitions; and
o entering scores after the competitions.
• Assist with processing important paperwork including athlete medicals, competition registration forms, coach information forms, etc.
• Follow-up on forms submitted that are incomplete or incorrect.
• Maintain current and accurate coaches’ contact information.
• Assist with maintaining current school and agency listings.
• Complete various administrative tasks such as faxing, filing, scanning, photocopying, answering phones, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Obtained or currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree
• Fluent in English, written and verbal
• Very strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to effectively multi-task
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
• Commitment to meeting assigned deadlines
• Effective communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft office programs
• Available to attend and volunteer at weekend competitions.
SkillsRequired - Excel
Preferred - Administrative Organization