Players Operation InternOakland Outlawz ABA Basketball Team
Ticket Sales InternOakland Outlawz ABA Basketball Team
IMMEDIATE NEED! Full Time Entry-Level & Summer WorkMidwest Focus Group
Ticket Office InternshipUniversity of Arkansas at Little Rock Athletics
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)Team Assault Basketball
Video Editing and Processing InternshipRealPlay
Sports Performance/ Physical Training InternshipProForce Sports Performance Training
Games & Delegation Administration InternshipBookmark This
Special Olympics Florida- Miami-Dade
155 S Miami Ave #200
Posted: August 26 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWork Location: Special Olympics Miami-Dade County Office
Commitment: Four to ten hours per week for a minimum of four months, or sixteen week school semester. Specific schedule to be agreed upon by Intern, Volunteer Manager, and Department Supervisor.
Job Summary: Special Olympics serves over 4,000 athletes in Miami-Dade County. In this internship you will work with the Games and Delegation Manager to ensure that all sports training and competition administrative requirements and preparations are completed in a timely fashion.
• Opportunity to make a positive difference in the community
• Valuable experience working in a team environment
• Possible school credit, contingent upon school approval
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a resume and cover letter to Special Olympics Florida - Miami-Dade County Volunteer Manager, Amanda Spies, via email at email@example.com.
For more information about this Internship, please contact the Special Olympics Miami-Dade County Volunteer Manager.
Volunteer Manager, Miami-Dade County
Special Olympics Florida
• Assist with preparing for sports competitions, including but not limited to:
o registering athletes for the competition;
o tracking registration numbers;
o preparing coaches’ information and materials for the competition;
o putting together supplies for competitions; and
o entering scores after the competitions.
• Assist with processing important paperwork including athlete medicals, competition registration forms, coach information forms, etc.
• Follow-up on forms submitted that are incomplete or incorrect.
• Maintain current and accurate coaches’ contact information.
• Assist with maintaining current school and agency listings.
• Complete various administrative tasks such as faxing, filing, scanning, photocopying, answering phones, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Obtained or currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree
• Fluent in English, written and verbal
• Very strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to effectively multi-task
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
• Commitment to meeting assigned deadlines
• Effective communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft office programs
• Available to attend and volunteer at weekend competitions.
SkillsRequired - Excel
Preferred - Administrative Organization