SPORTS MARKETING MANAGEMENTColorado Promotional Group
Sports Management InternshipLoneStar Sports & Social Club
Sports Interns WantedEuro School of Tennis
Executive Internship - SportsPro Players Foundation
Sports Facility Managament InternsUnited Sports
Sports and Recreation InternshipUnited Social Sports
Marketing, Sales, & ManagementCollege Works
Hockey Operations Spring 2017 InternshipEd Snider Youth Hockey Foundation
Sports and Fitness Program Department Intern | Youth Sports InternBookmark This
Fit 4 Life NYC
30 Third Ave. Suite 842 | We are moving soon!
Posted: August 19 2016
DescriptionAre YOU Fit 4 Life NYC?
Are you passionate about Physical Education, Sports and/or Fitness? Do you have an interest in working with youth and adults in underserved communities? Want to be involved in a fast-paced youth development organization? At Fit 4 Life NYC, our Program Department Intern will be responsible for assisting the Program Manager in the day-to-day operations of youth and adult fitness and sports programming throughout New York City, while gaining valuable experience in the fitness-education industry.
Fit 4 Life NYC is looking for two smart, ambitious interns to join us. We are committed to supporting schools, non-profit and community health organizations in under-served communities in creating healthy and active environments. We accomplish this by offering an array of programs including Physical Education classes, school day and after school sports, enrichment and fitness classes for youth, teachers, educators and professionals.
We are looking for people who are passionate about living an active lifestyle and can embrace our PLAY WITH A PURPOSE motto. As a member of Fit 4 Life NYC, we want you to be inspired in your professional life and supported in your personal life. We want you to build your skills and grow with our family. We want you to give back to your community and to yourself.
You will have the opportunity to stand out and make a distinct impact. Our small team contributes to an environment where your work will be noticed.
Internship Description for Fit 4 Life NYC Program Department Intern
• Grading if applicable
• Minimum of 15-20 hours per week
• Minimum of 3-month commitment
• $200 stipend given at end of internship
• Will receive regular supervision and feedback from Program Manager during the course of the internship
• Available to work some weekends to assist with Fit 4 Life NYC trainings and at community events
• A rare opportunity to do good for the NYC community while undertaking a fast paced and dynamic growth opportunity
• We encourage you to take risks and develop creative, outside-the-box solutions to impact the value of the services we offer our clients
• Opportunity to receive support from a team of leaders
• Workout/exercise attire is appropriate in the office when not seeing clients or attending business-related functions
• Free Fit 4 Life NYC Adult Fitness classes when available
ResponsibilitiesRole and Responsibilities in Program Department
1. Special Event Assistance (Team Player)
a. Assist Program Team in planning process and day-of support, i.e. Field Days, Teacher Fit Day
b. Give creative input in brainstorming sessions for age (elementary, middle-school, high-school and/or adults) and space-appropriate games, sports and activities
2. Technical Support and Assistance (Learning How To Coach and Teach)
a. Assist Program Manager in training sessions, i.e. set-up and breakdown
b. Maintain courteous and professional relationship with all instr
• Student-athlete is a plus
• Willingness to assist staff in creating a fun, fit, and healthy work environment and culture
• Strong interest in Physical Education, sports and fitness
• Strong interest in working with youth
• Strong teamwork skills but able to work independently
• Excellent communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills
• Ability and willingness to travel to with Program Manager and Fit 4 Life NYC Team to partner sites throughout NYC