Data Entry Internship for Sport Media StartupBallstar
Marketing & Events InternPlayers Sport & Social Group
Sports Management InternPlayers Sport & Social Group
Indianapolis Bandits Professional Women's Basketball TeamIndianapolis Bandits
Social Media & Community Management InternZink Tennis
Editorial / Journalism InternBeyond Sports Network
Performance Enhancement SpecialistEvolution Performance
Sports Performance CoachBookmark This
The Sport and Speed Institute, LLC
14290-A Sullyfield Circle
Posted: January 18 2016
DescriptionThe Sport and Speed Institute (SSI) is home of the best Northern Virginia youth sports performance and speed training programs. We are currently seeking applicants for Spring and Summer 2016.
The Sport and Speed Institute offers internship opportunities for all of our training programs. SSI internships are designed to give individuals hands-on experience, and to provide an educational opportunity to learn training and coaching techniques.
ResponsibilitiesSSI interns acquire valuable skills and knowledge through hands-on experience as they assist in the development and implementation of our programs. Interns will:
• Prescribe and implement strength and conditioning programs for high school and collegiate athletes.
• Learn speed training protocols.
• Identify and prescribe appropriate conditioning and flexibility programs for various levels of athletes and clients.
• Acquire knowledge of proper exercise techniques and the use of strength training equipment.
• Acquire basic knowledge of rehabilitation exercise techniques.
• Learn safety procedures and be able to identify potentially hazardous situations as they relate to the sports performance environment.
• Develop coaching skills in working with individuals of all ages.
• Develop communication skills necessary for working with youth and parents.
• Honesty, integrity, and punctuality.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including after school hours and evenings in Chantilly, Virginia.
• Commitment to work through the length of a program, typically 8 to 12 weeks.
• Desire and ability to work with youth ages 9 and up.
How to Apply:
Email us at SportandSpeedTeam@gmail.com telling us about your background and what your goals would be during an internship at SSI. You may include a resume, and please include email and phone contact information and available start date.