Keck Graduate Institute
- Commercialization Plan for Tissue-Engineered Small Intestine: Analyzed a $1.5 billion market for a new medical device and accompanying novel surgical procedure for the Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles as part of a team project. Advised the inventor on IP and regulatory strategy, potential partners, and marketing mix.
- Engineered A Novel Device to Better Detect Contamination in Bioreactors: Designed a model bench-top system that could concentrate, purify, and enumerate viral-infected cells from a bioreactor sample. Personal contributions to the team project focused on defining the shortcomings of current detection methods, engineering the device with drafting software, and presenting the group’s work to professors and fellow classmates.
- Additional Coursework Includes: Corporate Finance, Ethics in Biotechnology, Finance and Accounting Principles, Information Management, Introduction to Market Assessment and Strategy, Medical Devices, Medical Diagnostics, Molecular Basis of Disease, Molecular Biotechnology, Organizational Behavior, Pharmaceutical Development, and Pharmaceutical Discovery
Brigham Young University
- Biotech courses included: cellular biology, genetics, genomics, human anatomy, human physiology, microbial genetics, microbial physiology, readings in biotechnology, and various molecular lab courses.
- Business management courses included: accounting, corporate finance, economics, lectures in entrepreneurship, marketing, and organizational behavior.
- Other courses included: bioethics, botany, computer programming (basic), Italian (all levels), statistics, and technical communication.
BYU iGEM Team
- Earned a Gold Medal in the premier synthetic biology competition, MIT’s International Genetically Engineered Machine competition.
- Designed, created, and inserted novel RNA thermometer sequences of exceptional sensitivity into a biological logic circuit.
- Created a database to describe and track hundreds of biological parts.
- Presented to faculty, philanthropists, and fellow competitors nearly a dozen times.
- Lab techniques: PCR, sequencing, ELISA, chromatography, blotting techniques, cloning, primer design, creation of plasmids, DNA purification, RNA extraction, etc.
- Favorite past times include spending time with wife and newborn son.
What is the Predictor?
The Internship Predictor is the premier career assessment for emerging professionals. Developed by career counseling experts with proven performance in testing and assessment, this tool builds upon widely embraced theories of career development. The Internship Predictor integrates a cross section of items for assessing preferences in personality traits, interests, and values. Leveraging more than 13 years of experience dedicated to mastering the role of assessments in career choice, the Internship Predictor meets the reliability and validity methods for tools promoting introspection and self-awareness. The Internship Predictor offers the unique benefit of an easy online format that produces immediate results. For premium subscribers, the results connect clients to congruent internship listings, recommended content for resumes, and deeper analysis of suggested career tracks.