A/V Field Service TechnicianBookmark This
485 Park Way
DescriptionRe- installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of electronic communication systems, including but not limited to, Audio-Video Presentation, Pro Sound, Paging, Intercom, Security/Access Control, CCTV, and Video-Conferencing. Knowledge and experience in the IT network communications a plus. The A/V Systems Technician is responsible for installing and servicing the systems in the most efficient and effective manner to assure minimum down time and maximum performance. All installations and service must meet the highest quality standards set forth by Visual Sound Inc., while assuring a professional and safe working environment.
ResponsibilitiesEssential Job Functions
• Responds to customer's service related issues promptly
• Responsible for the final hookup of electronics equipment for new jobs
• Tests and documents readings for customer's systems
• Updates customer files
• Troubleshoots and repairs electronic components
• Responsible for handling on-call duties on a regular scheduled basis
• Trains and instructs the customer on the proper use of the equipment
• Responsible for reading and interpreting wiring diagrams, schematics, and blueprints
• Responsible for operation of the following test equipment: Volt Meter, Ohm Meter, Oscilloscope, Spectrum , Multi-meter, and Impedance Meter
• Assists with preventive maintenance of customer equipment
Responsible for service/installation tickets and inventory items.
• Valid and current driver’s license.
• The Field Service Technician shall possess a two-year electronics degree. A working knowledge of audio, video, control and communications systems. Audio, video conferencing, or control equipment manufacturer certifications a plus.
• Polycom / AMX / Crestron / NEC / Bi-AMP / etc.)