Audio Engineer InternBookmark This
Colorado Talking Book Library
180 Sheridan Blvd
DescriptionColorado Talking Book Library is part of a network of libraries that work with the Library of Congress to provide Braille, audiobooks, and other media for people who are blind or disabled. Colorado Talking Book Library is looking for an intern to digitize and enhance the quality of our locally-produced talking books. The intern will work with Colorado Talking Book Library staff to carefully edit audiobooks, producing a more enjoyable reading experience for our patrons. All necessary training and equipment will be provided by the library. Prior experience using audio editing software a plus but is not required. This is an unpaid internship opportunity.
• Application of equalization, compression, noise reduction, and other audio editing tools
• Other operations within Adobe Audition or other digital recording software
• Adding navigational markers to allow end-user navigation of audio book
- Uses software to edit high-quality audio books.
- Correctly apply equalization (EQ), compression, and other audio editing tools, adding markup coding for navigation within the audio book.
- Edits extraneous and background noise
- Operates computer editing equipment to process recorded audio files in preparation for duplication and distribution.
- Adds or delete pauses.
- Provides feedback to Studio Director on production.
RequirementsThe Audiobook Producer is responsible for the post-production aspects of the audiobook creation process and ensures that technical standards and specifications are met. An Audiobook Producer should possess
• Good hearing
• Good listening skills
• An acute attention to detail
• An aptitude for operating a computer and managing digital files
• Patience in dealing at times with tedious and repetitive tasks
• A literary interest or background
• Good communication skills
All of the duties performed by the Audiobook Producer are computer-based. While digital audio experience is only preferred, a candidate must have experience with computers and computer-based editing commands. Additional training will be provided but only if a candidate first demonstrates baseline computer skills.