GIS InternshipBookmark This
855-1 Saint Johns Bluff Road N
DescriptionTo apply for this position please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please be sure to indicate the job or internship you are applying for.
ControlCam, a rapidly growing aerial photography company, is looking for GIS and Technical Interns. Candidates should have some knowledge of the GIS, Surveying, or similar fields. GIS/Technical Interns will assist the ControlCam technical team. They will learn how to use the TrackAir Aerial Photography, assist with creating flight plans and review and process aerial images. This is an unpaid internship.
Candidates must be pursuing a degree in GIS, Surveying, or similar field at a college or university in Jacksonville, Florida.
Internship responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Review and coordinate aerial photography flights within TrackAir.
• Identify potential problems with flights and manage accordingly.
• Revise existing maps and charts, making all necessary corrections and adjustments.
• Build and update digital databases of aerial photography.
• Experience reading and analyzing maps.
• Knowledge of geographical information system (GIS) programs and software.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Organized, Responsible and Detail Oriented.
• Ability to compile and analyze large amounts of data.