Public Relations InternBookmark This
Santa Monica, CA
DescriptionInsite International works with scientists and engineers to develop software, Apps and sensor technology. Currently we are working on the Wendy Schmidt X-Prize project to create an ocean sensor to understand ocean acidification and promote ocean safety. We are looking for a motivated intern to help with outreach and PR efforts.
Responsibilities- Assist in developing and contributing to public relations and marketing activities
- Interact with internal departments to carry out client requirements such as scheduling advertising; monitoring account activities; and managing production activities
- Coordinate with news media as assigned, in development of appropriate news stories
- Maintain up-to-date customer and prospect records
Requirements- Excellent communication skills and the ability to inform and entertain via written, oral and visual media.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
- An innovative self-starter with problem solving skills, creativity, ambition, and a strong work ethic.