Startup Looking for Passionate InternsBookmark This
530 Brannan Street
San Francisco, CA
DescriptionAt Sparxo, we’re an impassioned, dedicated and fun group committed to creating social communities and fun online experiences on every webpage. We love what we do – we work hard to learn how we can best help our clients make their sites social and viral. We take pride in the ambition, creativity, efficiency and responsibility of our Sparxoees who have contributed to an innovative and energetic environment that allows for continuous growth.
Sparxo is looking for interns to drive more growth, increase awareness, develop more sales & marketing materials, and be influential in the next stage of our success. This opportunity is a great way to gain real-life experience that will lead to enhancement of communication and leadership skills, cultivating creativity, and increasing your decision making capabilities. Sparxo interns will enjoy a great deal of ownership and independence while also receiving the support they need.
You will have an opportunity to learn how to develop, secure, and foster relationships with local businesses in discussing their goals and how Sparxo can align with their objectives. You will have the opportunity to establish long-term relationships with Sparxo merchants that may open more doors for your future. We are seeking self-motivated individuals with an interest in sales & marketing, public relations & communications, and social media.
As an intern, we want to cultivate and refine your talents, build your confidence and assist you in reaching your objectives to ensure you feel proud of your time at Sparxo. We are committed to supporting your personal and professional goals.
ResponsibilitiesSpecific projects may include:
• Social media engagement and virality campaigns
• Developing marketing &sales material
(Anyone with an interest in persuasive writing and critically strategic thinking)
• Blogging, writing e-newsletters
• Archiving press/marketing/sales materials
• Event & conference assistance
• Administrative duties
• Research and CRM
• Phone calls and email communication; outreach
• Website: content
• are at least a Junior or Senior in college OR have a college degree
• are persistent, calm under pressure, outgoing, entrepreneurial, driven, take initiative and a leader- or want to develop the skills to be all these things
• have a desire to make an impact in a company and not just stand on the sidelines and take orders
• have sales experience and are confident you can present services over the phone and internet
• have solid verbal and written communication skills
? Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
• are independent, yet a team player
• are self-motivated and interested in growth and learning
? Must be available Monday evenings for weekly meeting
? Possible event and conference assistance on the weekend
? 7-12 hours/week logged
? 3 months with opportunity to extend
? Unpaid with possible school credit