Technical Innovations InternBookmark This
Plot 3671, Mbogo Road, Kibuli, Uganda
DescriptionLOCATION: Kampala, UGANDA
TECHNOLOGY INNOVATIONS INTERNSHIP
Educate! is seeking an enthusiastic and driven Technology Innovations Intern to lead the adoption of new cost-effective development technologies for our Kampala, Uganda head office. Educate! is scaling up to work in 10 new districts and over 200 new schools. Our greatest challenge is how to manage the scale-up more efficiently leveraging new SMS, USSD, Voice, and Mobile Money technology. The Technology Innovations internship is a unique opportunity to design the future of how Educate! operates in Uganda and eventually across Africa. There is no paper to push in this role! Through this internship you will help develop and maintain technologies to improve communication pathways and provide expertise on innovative IT strategies. Educate! offers the chance to take a leadership role in technology development while working at a thriving, youthful non-profit.
Educate! works to transform the education system in Uganda to develop young leaders and entrepreneurs who take leadership initiative, create small businesses, and improve their livelihoods.
Learn more about Educate! on our Website www.experienceeducate.org or watch a short video about Educate! at http://bit.ly/PuRp41. Educate!’s programs reach 20,000 youth and catalyze a 160% average personal income increase. Our curriculum has been recognized by awards from Ashoka and Echoing Green, and was adopted into Uganda's national entrepreneurship curriculum, reaching over 25,000 students annually.
1. Database for Mobile Phone Data Collection: Develop, pilot, and maintain a real-time dashboard of program monitoring information collected through SMS and Smartphone app from over 100 field staff and volunteers. This includes streamlining information collection and database set up.
2. Mobile Money Transfer: Support the adoption of Beyonic Funds To Phones service for MM process management by establishing company-wide staff and volunteer contact management syncing with HR & CRM information, tracking historical payments, and designing tiered approval rules to match our SOPs, with required & optional approvers.
3. Staff Training & Capacity Building: Train staff in computers and all new technology innovations. The Intern should be fluent in English, motivated, a strong communicator, and have a keen interest in teaching and working with people, especially in an international environment.
4. Technology Innovations Research: Propose new and effective technology solutions for Educate! to cut costs and help Educate! to better reach our 20,000 youth.
5. Computer Systems Support: Install and configure computer programs on our low-cost laptops. Diagnose and solve hardware and/or software issues.
Requirements-Position in KAMPALA, UGANDA
-Ability to perform internship objectives listed below
-Extensive experience working with computers and technology
-Enthusiasm for international education and/or development
-Bachelors degree preferred