Technology specialistBookmark This
Cambridge Heights Academy
DescriptionCambridge Heights Academy, a Georgia based nonprofit organization designed to support the academic, and social learning of school age children between the ages of 5 - 16 through after school programming is expanding upon its services in the Metropolitan Atlanta area. We are looking for dynamic, innovative, and passionate individuals interested in joining our team to work with children through after school tutoring, academic enrichment, life skills and social emotional learning programming. The ideal candidate must have a passion for working with children, be available Monday-Friday between the hours of from 2:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. and whose integrity is above reproach.
Cambridge Heights Academy is currently seeking a part-time technology instructor to teach elementary/middle school students basic computing, editing, word processing skills and graphic design at local recreation center locations within the metropolitan Atlanta area. The instructor will be responsible for all aspects of teaching and development of technology projects. Basic training and curriculum expectations will be provided.
Mentoring Internship - This College Internship is a nonpaid internship but a great resume builder for individuals seeking to gain extensive experience with youth, nonpro?ts, & organizational development. 3 - 8 hours weekly Flexible scheduling options available. Commitment expectation is 8-12 weeks beginning January through May 2014
Administrative Internship - This College Internship is a stipend-based internship with performance bonuses, and travel/gas stipends available based on assigned project. This internship is a great resume builder for individuals seeking to gain extensive experience with youth, nonpro?ts, & organizational development. Candidates will be working on a time limited project in research, program development, program evaluation and/or marketing. A formal letter of completion will be presented to candidate at the end of their internship experience. Flexible scheduling options available. 8 - 20 hours weekly Candidates must model youth leadership at all times, while teaching other youth to do so. Seeking self-starters with the ability to take initiative and self-manage projects through completion with minimal supervision. Servant leader with strong desire to empower others & deliver excellence at all times. Access to reliable transportation preferred, or means to attend community meetings as needed. Commitment expectation is from 2 - 5 months beginning January 6, 2014. Candidate is expected to commit through May 2014.
Internship opportunities will require intern to work out of our Midtown main office as well as several off site centers located within the City of Atlanta.
Please submit resume and cover letters as soon as possible to:
firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com
Please place – Technology Specialist in the subject line
Contact - Ms. Holcomb - 678-773-8337
• Set practice/behavior standards required to maintain positive classroom management
• Assist in the development of curriculum and resources to teach basic technology skills and concepts to novice learners
• Engage students in introduction, instruction and application of basic computing skills
• Assist students in completing small technology projects i.e. ; Power point, create flyers/reports, edit pictures, Prezis, create movie clips/commercials etc.
• Maintain basic reports to evaluate student progress
• Experience with computation and word processing, graphic design software and programs
• Experience working with children; classroom teaching or supervision experience preferred
• Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with students and parents
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Outstanding customer service skills
• Stellar time management and reporting skills