Technology specialist - Program developmentBookmark This
Cambridge Heights Academy
DescriptionCambridge Heights Academy, a Georgia based nonprofit organization designed to support the academic, and social learning of school age children between the ages of 5 - 16 through after school programming is expanding upon its services in the Metropolitan Atlanta area. We are looking for dynamic, innovative, and passionate individuals interested in joining our team to work with programchildren through after school tutoring, academic enrichment, life skills and social emotional learning programming. The ideal candidate must have a passion for teaching children technology and whose integrity is above reproach.
Cambridge Heights Academy is currently seeking an intern to assist with a technology program for elementary/middle school students teaching basic computing, editing, word processing skills and graphic design at local recreation center locations within the metropolitan Atlanta area. Intern will be responsible for various aspects of research and development of technology projects. Basic training and curriculum expectations will be provided.
Mentoring Internship - This College Internship is a nonpaid internship but a great resume builder for individuals seeking to gain extensive experience with youth, nonprofits, & organizational development. 3 - 8 hours weekly Flexible scheduling options available. Commitment expectation is 8-12 weeks beginning January through May 2014
Seeking self-starters with the ability to take initiative and self-manage projects through completion with minimal supervision. Servant leader with strong desire to empower others & deliver excellence at all times.
Internship opportunities will require intern to work out of our Midtown main office as well as visit several off site centers located within the City of Atlanta.
Please submit resume and cover letters as soon as possible to:
email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Please place – Technology Specialist in the subject line
Contact - Ms. Holcomb - 678-773-8337
• Assist in the development of curriculum and resources to teach basic technology skills and concepts to novice learners
• Assist students in completing small technology projects i.e. ; Power point, create flyers/reports, edit pictures, Prezis, create movie clips/commercials etc.
• Create, maintain and review basic reports to evaluate student progress and program design
• Experience with computation and word processing, graphic design software and programs
• Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Outstanding customer service skills
• Stellar time management and reporting skills