Web & Software Development InternshipBookmark This
7100 N. Ridgeway Ave.
DescriptionCarlease.com is a Chicago-based start-up in the car leasing business. We pride ourselves on providing our clients with great pricing on new leased vehicles, as well as unmatched customer service. While a start-up, Carlease.com has a well established client list and a solid revenue base, as it recently acquired the assets of a car leasing company that has long served the Chicago-land area.
Carlease.com believes the typical car leasing process is broken, as the dealership model carries with it bloated costs, constrained selection (usually tied to a single vehicle manufacturer), and a buying process that is both time consuming and dreaded by the average consumer. At Carlease, we make the leasing process painless, by allowing our clients to price-out several lease options across multiple manufacturers in a single email or phone call (think TrueCar--a company about to go public for over $1B, but with people on the other end of the line). In addition, because of Carlease.com's significant purchasing power (and limited infrastructure/inventory), we almost always beat dealer pricing.
In addition to superior pricing, Carlease.com prides itself on providing its clients with "white glove" service. All cars leased throughCarlease.com are delivered straight to our clients' doorsteps along with a specially trained technician that is tasked with walking the consumer through all of the ins-and-outs of his/her new leased vehicle. Additionally, Carlease.com provides its customers with free loaner vehicles, free service pick-up and delivery, and complimentary car washes--all designed so that our clients never have to set foot in a dealership again!
Carlease.com believes its business can grow substantially--first regionally, and then nationally--particularly with the aid of the internet and technology. We are looking for one to two summer interns willing to step into a dynamic, fast paced, environment and begin implementing the technology and processes needed to grow the company.
We welcome dynamic, smart, and motivated people to join our 2014 Summer Internship Program.
- Review business requirements working with other team members
- Perform a technical analysis of requirements
- Produce a solid, detailed technical design
- Write clean, modular, robust code to implement the desired requirements
- Implement a robust and reliable server side infrastructure to support internal middle office functions and external clients
- Produce clear, detailed and exploitable documentation
- Work directly with Marketing and Brand Management Interns
- Experience with SQL server and C# for data interfacing
- Solid understanding of Data Structures, Algorithms, and Object-Oriented design
- Mid level knowledge of statistics is a plus