- Internships /
- Technology /
- Financial Technology Internship - Website Development / Support Engineer (New York City)
Assistant Account Manager InternTranslation Services LTD
Web Development InternshipComplia Health
Computer Scientist/Engineer with interest in FinanceFountain Financial, LLC
Web DeveloperYoung Genius Corp
Quality Assurance Intern, San Francisco CaliforniaReliaMax Holding Company
Technical Copywriter InternshipViewLift
Financial Technology Internship - Website Development / Support Engineer (New York City)Bookmark This
79 Madison Avenue
New York, NY
Posted: September 02 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionFinancial Technology (FinTech) startup
79 Madison Avenue
New York, NY
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2, Unpaid
FinTech (Financial Technology) startup launched by 2 Columbia graduates who come from Wall Street and the world of finance/banking. We have strong experience and contacts within the finance and tech industries, so the exposure you receive will be valuable.
You will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to a new and promising FinTech startup. You'll have flexible working hours, and will be based at WeWork in New York City (79 Madison Avenue) https://www.wework.com/locations/new-york-city/nomad
This is a unique opportunity to:
- Work at a fast growing company with a dynamic team
- Learn from passionate and down-to-earth co-founders
- Grow with the company (your internship could turn into a long term position)
- Work out of a beautiful office in one of the best startup coworking spaces/accelerators in the country (and world)
- Get exposed to industry advisors
This is a role for an individual who is hungry, sharp and strongly desires to grow in their technical skills. This is a great opportunity for someone just starting out in their career and is looking to grow with top-rated finance professionals known for their technical expertise and integrity.
Responsibilities- website and landing page development
- short-term MVP project (est. 50 hours) with potential for full-time opportunity
- opportunity to be part of early team in promising FinTech startup
- great contacts, exposure, experience, and beautiful coworking office space and community at WeWork
RequirementsLooking for full stack developer to build an MVP for our concept, a scalable solution for our customer base.
This is a contract role based in NYC. Though on site is not required, we do prefer regular in person meetings for updates and scope changes. As such, it is best if you are in the NYC area. A large component of the assignment requires transferring Excel spreadsheet data to a database that will support further changes.
We have no strict requirements regarding tech choices other than that your stack should be well established: Rails, Django, MEAN etc. We prefer deployment on Heroku, digital ocean or Amazon. Code will be checked in regularly on GitHub.
Preferred - HTML, WordPress, Website Development, Backbone.js, Internet Marketing, AngularJS, HTML/CSS