Help Social Impact Start-up Make a Difference in Los Angeles70MillionJobs.com
Online Marketing / Social Media InternBalckstone
Technical Support Engineer InternCrestron
Technical Business Analyst InternshipUnitedLex
Computer Forensics InternshipUnitedLex
WEBSITE DESIGN / CREATION INTERNSHIPHealth Connexions
IT InternMcKesson Corporation
FRONT END DEVELOPER INTERNBookmark This
north shore animal league americ
16 Lewyt Street
Port Washington, NY
Posted: May 07 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionNorth Shore Animal League America is the largest no-kill animal rescue and adoption organization in the world. Since 1944, Animal League America’s mission has been saving the lives of pets through adoption, rescue and advocacy initiatives.
We are currently seeking a Front End Web Developer Intern for Summer 2015. This is an unpaid internship.
Must be available Monday-Friday, at least 10-15 hours per week.
To be considered for this position, interested candidates should possess the following qualifications:
ResponsibilitiesESSENTIAL TASKS TO BE PERFORMED
• Creating visually appealing web pages or interfaces
• Creating, editing or modifying templates for a web development framework
• Working within Client/Constituent Relationship Management systems (Convio, Blackbaud Luminate)
• Testing cross-browser, cross-platform, and/or cross-device compatibility for inconsistencies
• Testing for speed and performance
• Conducting observational user testing
To apply, please send your resume to HR@animalleague.org
• Completion of college-level programming courses
• The ability to be agile in learning and adapting to different coding and CMS environments
• Experience with open-source content management systems, such as Drupal and WordPress theming.
• The ideal candidate will be creative, highly motivated, and able to operate effectively in technical contexts.
• Previous work experience
• A 3.0 GPA or higher
• Completion of web development course(s)