Web Developer, Online Marketing and Customer ServiceBusiness & Gaming Technologies
Telemarketing internJean Martin, Inc.
Junior Logistics AnalystLuggage Forward
Web Programmer/DeveloperWorld of Toonz Enterprises
App DeveloperWorld of Toonz Enterprises
IT Sales - New Business Generation TeamBlue Equinox
Digital Marketing Google AdsenseLendinero
Web Development InternshipOutings & Adventures
Project Assistant VolunteerBookmark This
Front Porch Center for Innovation and Wellbeing
3000 Leeward Ave
Los Angeles, CA
Posted: March 23 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 5 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Front Porch Center for Innovation and Wellbeing (FPCIW) explores the innovative uses of technology to empower individuals to live well, especially in their later years. FPCIW works collaboratively with all stakeholders and in partnership with funding sources, researchers and technology partners.
The Model eHealth Community for Aging project (MeHCA) focuses on deploying health-related, technology-based activities for a diverse population of senior and disabled residents of the Central Los Angeles neighborhoods. The volunteer will provide training, coordination, and support at affordable housing communities to ensure the goals of the MeHCA project are met to support the transition to technology-enabled healthcare among seniors, the disabled, and project partners.
a. Promote resident participation in project-related activities that will include designing and posting flyers, speaking with residents, and ensuring activity attendance.
b. Provide as-needed written and verbal translation services.
c. Nurture the development of community leaders to support project activities.
a. Provide technical assistance in connecting the site to workshop presentations.
b. Research and provide health-based resources on the Internet for English and Korean or Spanish learners.
a. Participate in bi-weekly team calls.
b. Distribute, collect, and enter data from surveys following each activity.
c. Document activities and events through photos, notes, and other observations.
Time Commitment and Pay
This is an unpaid, part-time volunteer position for 3-5 hours/week once a week during regular workday hours, as agreed upon between the volunteer and the FPCIW staff.
Must be available at the hours of 8 am - 5pm Monday through Friday. There's also an occasional Saturday depending on the events.
RequirementsSkills, Knowledge, and Abilities
• Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills; ability to verbally express ideas assertively, clearly.
• Ability to teach technology to community members and colleagues with diverse backgrounds and technology proficiency.
• Ability to develop strategic direction and also parcel objectives into short-term tasks.
• Excellent organizational skills to determine workload priorities to enable timely completion of tasks; ability to work effectively and independently under pressure with a minimum of direction.
• Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with others to secure necessary information and cooperation from a variety of people.
• Korean/English or Spanish/English bi-lingual skills helpful.
• Must reside within 20 miles of 90005 zip codes.
SkillsRequired - Microsoft Basic, Interpersonal Communications
Preferred - Healthcare, Community Outreach, Public Health, Administration, Health, Seniors, Bilingual, Gerontology, Microsoft, Educational Outreach, Community, Project Support, Older Adults, Senior Living Communities, Administrative, Senior Housing, Basic Computer Skills