WEBSITE DESIGN / CREATION INTERNSHIPHealth Connexions
iOS App Developer and Android Developer - First Person NewsFirst Person
Serious and Professional Intern WantedGlobalRyders.com
Participants Needed for Mobile App Focus Group Testing (LA)Mobile App Testing
UberEATS Event AmbassadorUber
Software, Mobile, Web Applications Developer (Intern)757 Media
Social media internship with social justice tech app - LEGAL EQUALIZERInteriors by Jacquin / Legal Equalizer, Inc.
3D Printing Marketing AssistantiMakr
Creative Web Design InternshipBookmark This
839 N. Mansfield Ave.
Los Angeles, CA
Posted: June 01 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWe are looking for a passionate individual who will assist our team and our web manager with multiple, differently designed websites for our real estate company, Prime Five Homes, and our non profit/charity, The Dream Builders Project. You will work on a team to create visually stunning graphics. We are looking for someone who can take our current websites and step them up! You will be working with our current web designer to create pages on your own, create new do graphic designs and learn about analytics.
Unpaid opportunity, will receive class credit and/or references.
The location of this internship is at at 839 N Mansfield Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90038.
Office hours required.
*YOU MUST BE IN LOS ANGELES TO INTERVIEW FOR THIS POSITION
Prime Five Homes is a Los Angeles-based, full-service real estate development company that specializes in modern, luxurious, eco-friendly, sustainable home building and remodeling.
The Dream Builders Project (DBP) is a Los Angeles-based nonprofit organization. Founded in October 2013, The DBP was created with one plan and one goal in mind — giving back to the community. As an action-based charity, The DBP is committed to community growth by assisting other charities, nonprofits, organizations, and foundations also dedicated to making the world a better place. The DBP hosts charitable events, and organizes food and clothing drives to fund and raise awareness for several of Los Angeles’ key social issues, including child abuse, homelessness, human trafficking, and severe illness and disease.
For more information, please visit:
Responsibilities- Assisting with update websites
- Thinking outside the box
- Creating aesthetically beautiful landing pages and home pages
- Creating graphics for web as needed
Requirements- English as your first language or strongly fluent
- Experience creating websites
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Knowledge of HTML and coding
- Experience with Wordpress
- Ability to work in the office at least 2-3 days a week.
- Must have own laptop (in case work from home is required) and a way of getting to work.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to work as a team to create the best websites possible.
* Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Web Design, Interactive Media, Human-Computer Interaction, or related.
* Proficiency with PHP in the context of developing and updating WordPress plugins if necessary.
* The ideal candidate will be able to provide samples of past work (websites or code samples).
SkillsRequired - Website Development, Design, Website Building, Website Creation, Website Design
Preferred - Graphic Design, WordPress, Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Website Copy