Wordpress DeveloperBookmark This
Posted: March 11 2016
Company Location: Winter Haven, FL
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDevelops custom WordPress-based solutions along with general PHP framework-based solutions. Aids sales staff, account managers, and others in requirements gathering, web project planning, and general technical questions. Aids other developers with system design and implementation. Performs server maintenance and monitoring. Supports current client websites by providing technical support.
Works with: Principal, brand strategists, brand managers, designers, programmers, development, and account service managers; regularly engaged in internal meetings to explore and confirm project scope
Responsibilities• Contributing to “scope of build” conversations with development team, project managers, designers and other developers
• Integrating sliced PSD files (usually already converted to HTML/CSS) into either WordPress or some other proven open source system (note: WordPress is our primary CMS platform); many of our builds are responsive
• Developing custom web applications that drive business processes
• Setting up e-commerce applications
• Monitoring health and uptime of servers (general server admin in a managed services environment; no in-depth configuration required)
• Collaborating with design, strategy and sales teams to find solutions for client website projects
• Contributing to support of current client websites
• Participating in regular company-wide and team meetings
• Participating in on-site and off-site client meetings
• Growing personal and team member expertise through training, exploring and prospecting
Examples of projects the Developer will work on
• Integrating feeds from social networks
• Custom developing blogs
• Integrating with third-party APIs
• Customizing WordPress to support specific functionality
• Building out responsive layouts
• Developing wireframe mockups to illustrate possible solutions
• CRM integration
• Developing new plugins for WordPress
• Contributing to the build and development of internal web applications.
• Developing documentation.
Preferred - Tortoise SVN, Zend Framework, Control System Design, RESTful architecture