Serious and Professional Intern WantedDryvebi.com
Information Technology in Sales and Management Training for New StartupsMarketing Consultants of Orlando
Participants Needed for Mobile App Focus Group Testing (LA)Mobile App Testing
UberEATS Event AmbassadorUber
Software, Mobile, Web Applications Developer (Intern)757 Media
Social media internship with social justice tech app - LEGAL EQUALIZERInteriors by Jacquin / Legal Equalizer, Inc.
3D Printing Marketing AssistantiMakr
3D Printing Sales assistantiMakr
WordPress Website DeveloperBookmark This
Posted: March 11 2015
Company Location: Danbury, CT
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWelcome to TotalHousehold Inc. We assist home improvement contractors with business services that improve their internet presence, lead generation and payment processing. By providing these services we are able to offer a FREE website for homeowners that satisfies the need for more information about the contractors in their area.
We are an award winning, early stage, technology company with an aggressive growth strategy looking for team members to work both full time or part time on technological initiatives.
We are looking for a WordPress Website Developer. You will need a range of skills to help us customize and build out templated websites for home improvement contractors.
As a Website Developer intern at TotalHousehold, you will have the opportunity to work closely with team members, take on individual projects and present creative ideas to the company.
This internship can be a remote internship with a requirement of at least 10 hours per week. Hours are completely flexible. As this is a remote internship, communication will consist mainly over email and phone meetings.
We’re looking for applicants who want to gain valuable learning experience, build their portfolio and resume and are possibly interested in obtaining class credit (must see school requirements).
RequirementsWe currently have a WordPress Multisite installation running, and our plugin stack configured. Now we need someone to maintain the platform and build websites for our clients. The ideal candidate will have:
Intermediate to Advanced WordPress skills
- Have a working knowledge of the Genesis Framework
- Working knowledge of Wordpress Hooks, HTML, CSS & PHP. You don't need to be a coder, but you must be able to configure and tweak websites when we have requests that require customizing the code.
- Understand how to install and configure WordPress plugins
- The main plugins we use for site design are Dynamiq Website Builder (http://cobaltapps.com/downloads/dynamik-website-builder) and Beaver Buidler (http://www.wpbeaverbuilder.com/). You will be expected to create websites using these plugins. If you're an advanced WordPress user, the learning curve is fairly minor.
- If you have the above mentioned skills, it is assumed that you know how to perform all the basic functions in WordPress as well like adding widgets, changing menus, adding pages, etc.
- Basic landing page design (mostly template based, but you will need to apply creativity)
- Color matching and color scheme creation
- Basic manipulations, enhancements and resizing of photo images and vector shapes using PhotoShop and Illustrator
- Be able to make up quick text based logos
- Using the tools mentioned above (Dynamiq Website Builder & Beaver Builder) over time, you will be asked to create a couple basic templates with different navigation bars, headers, font selection, etc.
- Need to have some familiarity and experience with responsive website design. This will not be extensive, as some of the templates have already been established, but you will need to make tweaks to the responsive parts of the template over time.
- Our content team provides content, but we expect you to proof read and not just blindly "cut and paste
SkillsRequired - WordPress, Website Building, Website Creation
Preferred - HTML, CSS, PHP, WordPress, Responsive Design, Responsive Web Design