Get Your Marketing on at the SF Playhouse this Summer!Bookmark This
The San Francisco Playhouse
450 Post Street
San Francisco, CA
DescriptionOverview: Join the San Francisco Playhouse, San Francisco’s fastest-growing theatre company! We are located in a new 199-seat venue in the heart of San Francisco’s Theatre, District, one block from Union Square. In addition to our Mainstage Season, which produces six shows over 46 weeks, we actively engage in the community through our Rising Stars education program and support young professionals in the industry through our Sandbox series of world premieres.
Description: Become a member of the San Francisco Playhouse Audience Development Team! This position is a great opportunity for students interested in a career in arts administration, marketing or sales. Do you have a sales-oriented personality with keen creative thinking skills? This position is for you!
Compensation: As a non-profit 501(c)3 organization, internships are volunteer positions. Interns receive a transportation stipend ($100/month). SFPH cannot provide or arrange housing. Interns receive at least 2 complimentary tickets to each show for guests and unlimited half-price tickets.
ResponsibilitiesYou Will Learn:
• The Life of a Marketing Campaign (from idea to launch to success!)
• Basic Marketing Principles and Goal-Setting
• How to Write Copy for digital and print marketing documents
• Website Updating via WordPress
• E-mail List and Marketing Management
• Program Advertising Coordination
• Relationship Development to Promote Niche Marketing
• Special Event Planning and Coordination
• How to Turn Social Media into Sales
• Cross-Promotional Opportunities
• Google Analytics
RequirementsWhat We Expect:
• Commitment to a Regular Schedule – minimum two days a week, plus donor table shifts
• Commitment to Attend and Assist with Special Events – i.e. Opening Night, Director’s Dinners, Final Dress Rehearsals, and other events as they arise.
• A Charismatic Personality, comfortable talking with patrons in person or over the phone.
• Good Writing Skills and Computer Competence Required.
• Flexibility with Changing Priorities and Demands
• Ability to Multi-Task
• A Can-Do Attitude!
Special Qualifications (preferred not required):
• Strong Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
• Basic Copywriting/Graphic Design Skills