Stage Manager AssistantBees & Butterflies Performing Arts Inc.
Jacob's Pillow Dance Festival 2014 Summer InternshipsJacob's Pillow Dance Festival
Technical Production InternThe Yard
SF Playhouse Seeks Audience Development Intern!The San Francisco Playhouse
Arts Administration InternshipBroadway Bound Kids
New Brooklyn Theater Executive Administrative InternshipBookmark This
New Brooklyn Theater
344 Third Ave
Madison Square Station, NY
DescriptionNew Brooklyn Theater is a 501(c) 3 theater company that is on a mission to purchase and restore the historic theater at 1215 Fulton Street in Bedford-Stuyvesant, NY that is in jeopardy of being demolished by condo and retail developers. New Brooklyn Theater (NBT) plans to restore the building and transform it into a 3-stage performing arts center that will develop the work of Brooklyn artists for Brooklyn audiences with strong efforts to also create innovative family and educational programming.
New Brooklyn Theater is currently in the first phase of this initiative and have raise over $22,000 for the down payment of the theater. We are in need of 1 or 2 individuals that will assist in continuing to grow our donor roster and help transition into the next phase of restoration. Interns will report directly to the Executive Producer and General Manager of NBT while also being of assistance to the Artistic Director. NBT is seeking candidates with true entrepreneurial spirits who have excellent communication skills, are ambitious with a strong work ethic, and are open to new ideas. All backgrounds will be considered. Candidates with experience or education in non-profit administration, theater, social work, music business, education, marketing, and advertising will be considered first.
This is a flexible, part-time, internship position and Interns should expect to work approximately 15 - 20 hours. College credit is available.
ResponsibilitiesPrimary responsibilities are to assist in managing the daily administrative operations of the organization and to take initiative to execute various tasks including, but not limited to:
• Assisting with the planning and execution of special events, including coordinating talent, speakers, and securing venues.
• Conducting research on key political and community leaders as well as on local businesses, government agencies, and other not-for-profit organizations
• Assisting with building relationships with prominent blogs, websites, and various media outlets for their support and/or contributions
• Assisting with developing and implementing marketing initiatives such as an organizational newsletter, social media, donor and volunteer correspondence
• Researching and compiling relevant Grant opportunities and other private & governmental funds that NBT can apply to.
Requirements• Detail-oriented with excellent writing skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Interest in and/or experience with special events planning and execution
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple time-sensitive tasks
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Basic knowledge of and familiarity with social media (Twitter, Facebook, Vimeo, etc)
• Adobe Suite (PhotoShop, InDesign) is a plus, but not required