Light and Sound TechnicianBees & Butterflies Performing Arts Inc.
Theatrical Management InternshipMaximum Entertainment Productions
Stage Manager AssistantBees & Butterflies Performing Arts Inc.
Jacob's Pillow Dance Festival 2014 Summer InternshipsJacob's Pillow Dance Festival
Technical Production InternThe Yard
Smithsonian Discovery Theater Admin/House Management InternBookmark This
The Smithsonian Associates (TSA)
1100 Jefferson Drive, SW - Suite 3077
The Smithsonian Associates (TSA) advances the Smithsonian Institution’s mission “to increase and diffuse knowledge” through life-enriching educational and cultural experiences inspired by the Smithsonian’s research and collections for DC-region students, families, and adults, and for learning communities nationwide.
ABOUT DISCOVERY THEATER
The Smithsonian's Discovery Theater is dedicated to offering the best in live performance for young people that celebrate the rich diversity of our region and our world. Each season we tap into the vast resources of the Smithsonian Institution to present relevant, culturally accurate entertaining programs. We offer dozens of interactive productions that feature puppets, storytellers, dancers, actors, musicians, and even mimes!
• Assist with house management duties for the theater
• Assist in office management duties, box office/group sales, office duties, daily operations, and web research
• Assist in production, artist communication, hospitality and project management.
• When possible, interns may have the opportunity to help direct, stage manage, and mount productions.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
• The Intern in this position will be exposed to all areas of artistic administration including sales/customer service, office operations and house & stage managing
Spring (Jan – May), Summer (Jun – Jul) & Fall (Sep - Dec)
30 - 40 hrs/wk; 1 full semester – 1 academic year
Weekdays with an occasional weekend day or evening, flexible
All TSA Internships are unpaid and housing is not provided. College credit may be granted, but must be coordinated in advance with the intern's university/college.
Complete the online application at http://intern.si.edu/. Click on the link for the Smithsonian Online Academic Appointment System (SOLAA). Questions can be directed to the Intern Coordinator at TSAInternships@si.edu or 202.633.8641.
Spring – October 1
Summer – February 1
Fall – July 1
If you have any questions, please contact:
Ms. Meg Smolinski
1100 Jefferson Drive SW - Suite 3077
PO Box 23293
Washington DC 20026-3293
For more information about internships with The Smithsonian Associates go to: http://residentassociates.org/ticketing/internships/start.aspx
• We seek candidates who are responsible, organized, creative, personable and resourceful
• Must have a professional demeanor, writing ability, research skills and familiarity with the Internet.
• Computer skills, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Must be willing to help set-up the theater and load artists in/out
• A strong interest in theater and working with children is a must!
Prospective interns are required to submit the following:
1. Application for Smithsonian Institute Internships
2. Two letters of recommendation (usually from professors)
3. Recent writing sample (usually a paper written for school and at least two pages)
4. Most recent transcript (unofficial transcripts are acceptable)
Interns at the Smithsonian are required to undergo a security background investigation and fingerprinting through the Office of Protection Services before they are accepted into an internship.
The following student majors are desired for this intern position, but other areas of study will be considered: