Stage Manager AssistantBees & Butterflies Performing Arts Inc.
Jacob's Pillow Dance Festival 2014 Summer InternshipsJacob's Pillow Dance Festival
Technical Production InternThe Yard
SF Playhouse Seeks Audience Development Intern!The San Francisco Playhouse
Arts Administration InternshipBroadway Bound Kids
Smithsonian Discovery Theater Museum Theater and Education InternBookmark This
The Smithsonian Associates (TSA)
1100 Jefferson Drive, SW - Suite 3077
The Smithsonian Associates (TSA) advances the Smithsonian Institution’s mission “to increase and diffuse knowledge” through life-enriching educational and cultural experiences inspired by the Smithsonian’s research and collections for DC-region students, families, and adults, and for learning communities nationwide.
ABOUT DISCOVERY THEATER
The Smithsonian's Discovery Theater is dedicated to offering the best in live performance for young people that celebrate the rich diversity of our region and our world. Each season we tap into the vast resources of the Smithsonian Institution to present relevant, culturally accurate entertaining programs. We offer dozens of interactive productions that feature puppets, storytellers, dancers, actors, musicians, and even mimes!
• Attend meetings, rehearsals and possible auditions
• Write report of each activity attended and create action items generated
• Meet daily with staff to discuss completed programs and upcoming events
• Generate, edit and update scripts, learning materials, and online content
• Explore the Smithsonian, thinking about the potential connection to DT programs. Share those thoughts with Director in short storyboards or written idea papers
• Usher and assist at DT events, programs and show
• Write weekly reports outlining tasks completed, challenges and reflections
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
• The intern will be exposed to artistic administration including season planning, developing museum theater pieces, and using theater as an educational tool
• If schedule permits, the intern will have the opportunity to assist the Director on a produced show and/or assist in creating the script or PowerPoint presentation
Spring (Jan - May), Summer (Jun - Jul) & Fall (Sep - Dec)
30 - 40 hrs/wk; 1 full semester – 1 academic year
Weekdays with an occasional weekend day or evening, flexible
All TSA Internships are unpaid and housing is not provided. College credit may be granted, but must be coordinated in advance with the intern's university/college.
Complete the online application at http://intern.si.edu/. Click on the link for the Smithsonian Online Academic Appointment System (SOLAA). Questions can be directed to the Intern Coordinator at TSAInternships@si.edu or 202.633.8641.
Spring – October 1
Summer – February 1
Fall – July 1
If you have any questions, please contact:
Ms. Meg Smolinski
1100 Jefferson Drive SW - Suite 3077
PO Box 23293
Washington DC 20026-3293
For more information about internships with The Smithsonian Associates go to: http://residentassociates.org/ticketing/internships/start.aspx
• We seek candidates who have strong organizational and communication skills.
• Candidate should also be responsible, creative, personable and resourceful
• Must have a professional demeanor, writing ability and internet research skills
• Familiarity with computers, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• A history or interest in theater and/or arts education and administration is a must!
Prospective interns are required to submit the following:
1. Application for Smithsonian Institute Internships
2. Two letters of recommendation (usually from professors)
3. Recent writing sample (usually a paper written for school and at least two pages)
4. Most recent transcript (unofficial transcripts are acceptable)
Interns at the Smithsonian are required to undergo a security background investigation and fingerprinting through the Office of Protection Services before they are accepted into an internship.
The following student majors are desired for this intern position, but other areas of study will be considered: