Stage Manager AssistantBees & Butterflies Performing Arts Inc.
Jacob's Pillow Dance Festival 2014 Summer InternshipsJacob's Pillow Dance Festival
Technical Production InternThe Yard
SF Playhouse Seeks Audience Development Intern!The San Francisco Playhouse
Arts Administration InternshipBroadway Bound Kids
Theater Arts InternBookmark This
Tierra del Sol Foundation
9919 Sunland Blvd.
Internship Description: Tierra del Sol is currently seeking a Theater Arts Intern interested in exploring a variety of materials with clients in order to develop performance pieces. The Theater Arts intern will create rehearsals to practice theater skills, song lyrics, dance steps, sign language, and theater games.
• Create weekly activities to enhance client’s musical performances, dance skills, social skills, theater arts skills, and self-advocacy.
• Encourage all clients to participate in-group activities to learn how to play an instrument, dance moves, song lyrics, and other skills.
• Include as many people as possible in the set up and clean up of the activity.
• Encourage self-advocacy and choice making opportunities.
• Train clients and staff using step-by-step error free instruction.
• Be aware of possible safety concerns and communicate them to program staff.
What you’ll gain by interning at Tierra:
Tierra del Sol is a great wonderful environment filled with welcoming and compassionate personnel. As a Tierra del Sol intern you will gain management skills, lesson-planning skills, curriculum implementation, and learn to work with a variety of people with special needs. Our interns develop new skills, more confidence, and a greater understanding of special needs education, invaluable personal and professional development.
How to Apply: Please apply immediately by emailing a cover letter and resume to Patricia Bitar at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Theater Arts Intern” as the subject of your email. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
• Candidates should have experience in Theater Arts and/or performing on stage.
• Available to work at least 2 days a week from either 9:00am-11:00am or 12:00pm-2:00pm.
• Experience scoring music or choreographing dance numbers.
• Patience and understanding that unconventional teaching methods may be required.
• Must be enrolled in community college or a 4-year University.
• TB test or fingerprint clearance that we provide.
• A 3- 6-month minimum commitment is required. Intern will be expected to work between 15-20 hours a week during Tierra del Sol’s operation hours.
This is an unpaid internship, but Tierra del Sol Foundation is amenable to accommodate your school’s internship or fieldwork credit requirements.