Film Company looking for interns - Must be able to receive college credit - Theater majors welcomedPES
Operations/House Management InternshipMayo Performing Arts Center
Production Manager: The Theater Offensive: Creative Action Crew Spring 2017The Theater Offensive
Auditions: The Theater Offensive: Creative Action CrewThe Theater Offensive
Theatre Operations or Marketing DirectorSPAA Theatre & Performing Arts Center
McCarter Theatre Center InternshipMcCarter Theatre
Winter Spring Internships at Award-Winning Acting Studio for Kids and TeensA Class Act NY
Gamm Summer Intensive InterSandra Feinstein Gamm Theatre
Arts Publicity internshipBookmark This
Jonathan Slaff and Associates
55 Perry Street
New York, NY
Posted: April 12 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Full-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionJonathan Slaff & Associates (www.jsnyc.com) does media relations for cultural institutions, professional theater and dance companies and civic events in New York City. The firm solicits print and broadcast media outlets for news/feature story coverage, arts reviews and photo placement. It is one of the few press offices in New York that takes its own press photos. Artists represented have received 19 Obies, three Bessies, Lucille Lortel, Theater World, and Outer Critics Circle Awards. Interns will work with up to twelve professional theater groups at a high management level. Recommended for students on arts management or arts journalism career path. This is non-salaried but a great learning experience. Student in for-credit programs preferred. Interested parties please send writing sample and resume to: PR@jsnyc.com.
ResponsibilitiesThis internship is an apprenticeship in Public Relations, as it is applied to Arts Management. Intern will:
* learn to write English-language press releases and journalistic-style articles on arts topics
* master website/newsletter design using basic HTML and Dreamweaver
* assist in publicity photo shoots and ultimately take theatrical production photos
* observe and participate in arts marketing strategy meetings with clients of Jonathan Slaff and Associates
* compile and maintain press contact databases
* learn creative approaches to "the art of the pitch"
* apply new skills in website maintenance to the New York Theatre Wire (www.nytheatre-wire.com) and Curator's Choice (www.nymuseums.com), where the intern be trained in writing of news articles, headlines, "teasers," and digests of articles. This practical exercise is intended to raise the intern's English communication skills to a professional level. The intern have the opportunity to measure his/her own writing against the writing he/she is processing. This exercise will also give him/her first-hand experience in working for an actual NY media outlet, on the "other side of the desk," which is ideal training for media relations.