Internship in Art, Scene Design and StagecraftThe Dance Connection
Touring Theatre Company Artistic InternshipOpen Arts Alliance
Theater intern at Lama Theater CompanyLama Theater Company
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)Kashmir World Foundation
Film Company looking for interns - Must be able to receive college credit - Theater majors welcomedPES
Performing Arts School/Office InternPerformers Theatre Workshop
Dabble with Theatre Arts Administration at SF Playhouse this Spring!The San Francisco Playhouse
Get Your Stage Management Game on at SF Playhouse this Spring!The San Francisco Playhouse
Dabble with Theatre Arts Administration at SF Playhouse this Winter!Bookmark This
The San Francisco Playhouse
450 Post Street
San Francisco, CA
Posted: September 22 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionOverview: SFPH Internships provide an opportunity to gain a comprehensive understanding of the day-to-day and long-term workings of a professional theater company. Each intern works closely with their supervisor to create learning goals at the start of the internship that include a special project within their department. Interns are treated as part of the Playhouse family which operates under the company’s values of Empathy, Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration and the ever important Yes. All interns leave the program with new connections, strong skills and real life experiences to add to their overall education.
Description: Become a member of the San Francisco Playhouse Artistic Team! Great opportunity for students pursuing careers in Theatre Administration, Arts Administration or Dramaturgy. Are you an organized individual with solid research skills, writing skills and a passion for the arts? This position is for you!
ResponsibilitiesYou Will Learn:
• The Life of a New Play, from Page to Stage
• Script Analysis from the Producer’s perspective
• Critical Writing Skills
• The Casting Process – from scheduling and assisting with auditions to database maintenance
• A Behind-the-Scenes look at how a professional theatre company puts on a show
• Basic Administrative Skills
• Filing System Maintenance
• Shadow Contract Writing
• Calendar Management
RequirementsWhat We Expect:
• Good Written and Verbal Communication Skills
• Computer Competence (Word Processing, Spreadsheets, E-mail, etc.)
• Flexibility with Changing Priorities and Demands
• Ability to Multi-Task and Prioritize
• Ability to Collaborate, Analyze and Problem-Solve
• Commitment to a Regular Schedule – minimum three days a week
• Commitment to Attend and Assist with Special Events
• Evening and Weekend availability required
• A Can-Do Attitude!
• Theatre Major or Minor preferred
• Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
• Strong Attention to Detail
• Strong Organizational Skills
Internships require 15 - 30 hours per week commitment. This includes a good amount of weekend and evening time. Interns should expect to be at SFPH at least 3-5 days each week for 4-8 hours per day. Schedules may vary week to week based on the theatre’s events.
Regardless of department, all interns are expected to be available for:
• Lobby Greeter Shifts
• Observe no less than one Table Read or Final Dress
• Opening Night Events
• Sandbox Load-In and Strike
• Rehearsal Assistance as Needed
• Other Special Events or SFPH Calendar events as they arise.