Teaching simple Science and Architecture to young kids through drama gamesIntellectual Kids Club
Stage Play PublicistChannel One Enterprise Inc
Assistant Stage Management Intern/ UnderstudyMonumental Theatre Company
CostumeMonumental Theatre Company
House Management/MarketingMonumental Theatre Company
Theatrical internship - directly assisting Executive ProducerRadiochick Inc
Development FellowshipTheatre Forward
Smithsonian Associates Performing Arts InternSmithsonian Associates
Choreographer InternshipBookmark This
Wanda McKiver Productions, LLC.
520 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY
Posted: June 28 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 15 Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWanda McKiver Productions, LLC. is a full scale entertainment company. We are currently opening our 2016-2017 theatrical season as well as multiple themed events, both for profit as well as for charitable causes. Our companies' culture is built on integrity and teamwork while allowing individuals to freely express their creativity. Our interns will enjoy many benefits and perks while learning the infrastructure of the entertainment industry while preparing for a prosperous life in the world of business and entertainment.
Responsibilities) Direct rehearsals to instruct dancers in how to use dance steps, and in techniques to achieve desired effects.
2) Experiment with different types of dancers, steps, dances, and placements, testing ideas informally to get feedback from dancers.
3) Read and study story lines and musical scores to determine how to translate ideas and moods into dance movements.
4) Record dance movements and their technical aspects, using a technical understanding of the patterns and formations of choreography.
5) Re-stage traditional dances and works in dance companies' repertoires, developing new interpretations.
6) Advise dancers on how to stand and move properly, teaching correct dance techniques to help prevent injuries.
RequirementsThis position requires:
The ability to study dance routines as directed by the stage director .
The ability for rehearsal time for cast.
The ability to report notes to stage director and/or stage manager.