Film Company looking for interns - Must be able to receive college credit - Theater majors welcomedPES
Atlanta Shakespeare Company InternAtlanta Shakespeare Company
Production Manager: The Theater Offensive: Creative Action Crew Spring 2017The Theater Offensive
Auditions: The Theater Offensive: Creative Action CrewThe Theater Offensive
Theatre Operations or Marketing DirectorSPAA Theatre & Performing Arts Center
McCarter Theatre Center InternshipMcCarter Theatre
Winter Spring Internships at Award-Winning Acting Studio for Kids and TeensA Class Act NY
Gamm Summer Intensive InterSandra Feinstein Gamm Theatre
Get Your Hands Dirty with the Production Team at SF Playhouse this Spring!Bookmark This
The San Francisco Playhouse
450 Post Street
San Francisco, CA
Posted: September 21 2016
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Timeframe: 02/27/17 — 05/28/17
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionOverview: SFPH Internships provide an opportunity to gain a comprehensive understanding of the day-to-day and long-term workings of a professional theater company. Each intern works closely with their supervisor to create learning goals at the start of the internship that include a special project within their department. Interns are treated as part of the Playhouse family which operates under the company’s values of Empathy, Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration and the ever important Yes. All interns leave the program with new connections, strong skills and real life experiences to add to their overall education.
Description: Become a member of the San Francisco Playhouse Production Team! Intern will have the opportunity to engage in the process of Production Management from start (Production Meeting) to finish (Closing Night). Great position for students or graduates seeking careers in Production Management, Stage Management or Technical Theatre. Are you an organized individual with solid research skills, technical skills and a passion for the arts? This position is for you!
International Applicants: San Francisco Playhouse cannot sponsor or assist applicants in the visa application process. For more information, please contact your school’s International Programs office, or the United States embassy in your country.
ResponsibilitiesYou Will Learn:
• A Behind-the-Scenes look at how a professional theatre company puts on a show
• Making Theatre happen on Budget!
• Load-in week management
• Calendar Management
• Proper Organization & Maintenance of Props, Costumes & Backstage Areas
• Proper Technical Facilities Maintenance
• Shadow Contract Writing
• Supply inventory & ordering
• Basic Associated Administrative Skills
• Maintaining equipment
RequirementsWhat We Expect:
• Theatre Major or Minor
• Must be able to lift and move 40 lbs.
• Good Written and Verbal Communication Skills
• Computer Competence (Word Processing, Spreadsheets, E-mail, etc.) – Mac savvy a plus!
• Flexibility with Changing Priorities and Demands
• Ability to Multi-Task and Prioritize
• Ability to Collaborate, Analyze and Problem-Solve
• Evening and Weekend availability required
• Time Management Skills a Must
• A Can-Do Attitude!
Internships require 15 - 40 hours per week commitment. This includes a good amount of weekend and evening time. Interns should expect to be at SFPH at least 3-5 days each week for 4-8 hours per day. Schedules may vary week to week based on the theatre’s needs.
Regardless of department, all interns are expected to be available for:
• Observe no less than one Table Read or Final Dress
• Production Meetings
• Load-In and Strike Assistance as Needed (Mainstage & Sandbox)
• Tech Rehearsals as Needed