ALAS Technical Theatre InternSAY Sí
Teaching simple Science and Architecture to young kids through drama gamesIntellectual Kids Club
Stage Play PublicistChannel One Enterprise Inc
Assistant Stage Management Intern/ UnderstudyMonumental Theatre Company
CostumeMonumental Theatre Company
House Management/MarketingMonumental Theatre Company
Smithsonian Associates Performing Arts InternSmithsonian Associates
House Management Internship (Theatre)Orlando Repertory Theatre
Get Your Stage Management Game on at SF Playhouse this Spring!Bookmark This
The San Francisco Playhouse
450 Post Street
San Francisco, CA
Posted: September 21 2016
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Timeframe: 02/27/17 — 05/28/17 (Flexible)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionOverview: SFPH Internships provide an opportunity to gain a comprehensive understanding of the day-to-day and long-term workings of a professional theater company. Each intern works closely with their supervisor to create learning goals at the start of the internship that include a special project within their department. Interns are treated as part of the Playhouse family which operates under the company’s values of Empathy, Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration and the ever important Yes. All interns leave the program with new connections, strong skills and real life experiences to add to their overall education.
Description: Become a member of the San Francisco Playhouse Stage Management Team! Interns will have the opportunity to engage in the process of stage managing a show from start to finish. Great position for students or graduates seeking careers in Stage Management or Technical Theatre. Are you an organized individual with solid backstage theatre skills, technical skills and a passion for the arts? This position is for you!
International Applicants: San Francisco Playhouse cannot sponsor or assist applicants in the visa application process. For more information, please contact your school’s International Programs office, or the United States embassy in your country.
ResponsibilitiesYou Will Learn:
• Proper Rehearsal Etiquette & Procedures
• Work directly with an Equity Stage Manager, learning rules and contracts
• How to put together a Rehearsal Schedule
• Basic Associated Administrative Skills
• Proper Backstage Area Set-Up
• Being on book, helping actors learn lines, cueing and line notes
Duties Include but not limited to:
• Assist at Rehearsals
o Taking blocking notes
o Tracking and Running of Rehearsal Props and Costumes
o Being on book – Cueing & Line Notes
o Running Lines with Actors cueing and line notes
o Maintain Craft Table
• Load-In and Load-Out of Rehearsal Space (incl taping out rehearsal space)
• Assist with Costume maintenance during show run
• Assist with repairs, replacements, etc to maintain running show
RequirementsWhat We Expect:
• Theatre Major or Minor
• Must be able to lift and move 40 lbs.
• Good Written and Verbal Communication Skills
• Computer Competence (Word Processing, Spreadsheets, E-mail, etc.) – Mac savvy a plus!
• Flexibility with Changing Priorities and Demands
• Ability to Multi-Task and Prioritize
• Ability to Collaborate, Analyze and Problem-Solve
• Evening and Weekend availability required
• Time Management Skills a Must
• A Can-Do Attitude!
Internships require 15 - 40 hours per week commitment. This includes a good amount of weekend and evening time. Interns should expect to be at SFPH at least 3-5 days each week for 4-8 hours per day. Schedules may vary week to week based on the theatre’s needs.
Regardless of department, all interns are expected to be available for:
• Observe no less than one Table Read or Design Run
• Production Meetings
• Load-In and Strike Assistance as Needed (Mainstage & Sandbox)
• Tech Rehearsals as Needed