Film Company looking for interns - Must be able to receive college credit - Theater majors welcomedPES
Operations/House Management InternshipMayo Performing Arts Center
Production Manager: The Theater Offensive: Creative Action Crew Spring 2017The Theater Offensive
Auditions: The Theater Offensive: Creative Action CrewThe Theater Offensive
Theatre Operations or Marketing DirectorSPAA Theatre & Performing Arts Center
McCarter Theatre Center InternshipMcCarter Theatre
Winter Spring Internships at Award-Winning Acting Studio for Kids and TeensA Class Act NY
Gamm Summer Intensive InterSandra Feinstein Gamm Theatre
Teaching Artist – Theatre ArtsBookmark This
1518 S. Alamo St.
San Antonio, TX
Posted: October 03 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSeeking a Part Time Theatre Arts instructor for SAY Sí - a nationally awarded creative Youth Development organization. Ideal candidate will be a committed, professional, and a creative teaching artist willing to passionately contribute to growing and shaping our theatre arts programs. They will embody the mission of SAY Sí’s values and belief in the transformational power of art and creativity, and will co-lead high-level weekly studio time specific to theatre arts for our high school youth, and support our middle school programs as well. Through cutting-edge creative programs, students learn and put into action 21st century creative skills to forge positive change in themselves and their communities.
ResponsibilitiesMajor Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with co-teachers, administrators, staff, students, parents and community.
• Teach and engage diverse populations across gender, age, race, cultural boundaries and different abilities.
• Create successful sequential lessons that are developmentally appropriate.
• Assess participant learning and evaluate overall program effectiveness.
• Be flexible, assess success of studios in progress and make any necessary adjustments (in teaching style,
materials, equipment, timing, sequencing, teacher/staff involvement).
• Model core values and best practices in behavior and teaching.
• Access resources to support own teaching, e.g. people, organizations and literature.
• Use the arts to foster and build healthy self-esteem.
• Share genuine affection for the population that one is teaching.
• Work closely with staff and students on creation of original performance work.
• Helps coordinate recruitment and promotions for ALAS programs and events.
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
RequirementsSAY Sí Teaching Artists should have/do the following:
• Excellent presentation skills: using voice and body language to captivate audience
• Experience with basic stage lighting and sound equipment
• Degree in art-form related field encouraged
• Experience working with/teaching/mentoring youth
• Experience facilitating and devising through Augusto Boal’s “Theatre of the Oppressed” techniques, Michael Rohd’s “Hope is Vital” strategies, Theatre-in-Education, Creative Drama, improvisational acting, creative writing, movement, etc.
• Basic computer competency
• Wood shop experience (preferred)
• Strong communication skills: to talk with teachers, staff, administrators, parents; ability to follow up on
• Strong project and time management, organizational and administrative skills
• Professionalism: respect for community space environment, materials, rules, schedule, and property
• Literary skills: be able to write production/workshop descriptions, promotional literature and more
• Demonstrate professional practice: performs, exhibits, publishes, maintain a healthy body of work as
appropriate to the art form and cultural community
• Sense of humor and open, collaborative, spirit
Schedule: Challenging 1/2 time – 3/4 time schedule. Monday through Thursday. Saturdays 9 to 5 PM.
Schedule subject to change - may include evening and Friday hours. Pay commensurate with experience.