ALAS Technical Theatre InternSAY Sí
Teaching simple Science and Architecture to young kids through drama gamesIntellectual Kids Club
Stage Play PublicistChannel One Enterprise Inc
Assistant Stage Management Intern/ UnderstudyMonumental Theatre Company
CostumeMonumental Theatre Company
House Management/MarketingMonumental Theatre Company
Smithsonian Associates Performing Arts InternSmithsonian Associates
House Management Internship (Theatre)Orlando Repertory Theatre
Voice Over Assignment or InternshipBookmark This
App to Succeed, Inc.
Posted: June 17 2016
Company Location: Stamford, CT
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 4 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThis is a great opportunity to build your resume while helping a worthy cause, by recording the narration for an educational software program on personal finance for 16-19-year-olds. If you have access to quality recording equipment or a quality microphone and can recruit preferably two females and two males who sound like they are in their early 20s to read a script with enthusiasm and expression, then this is a great fit for you.
App to Succeed Inc. is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that aims to provide comprehensive personal finance information for at-risk Americans to enable them to become and remain financially responsible, self-sufficient and successful.
Regretfully, as a nonprofit, we are not, yet, able to pay our interns, but we do offer other forms of compensation:
1. Exceptional interns who make a significant contribution will receive personal letter of reference written by the CEO.
2. Complete your commitment to the internship and your name will be acknowledged on the organizations' website and in the credits of the software program when published.
3. Earn academic credit and / or community service hours, with your school's approval.
3. Complete your assignments and meet expectations, you will be awarded a Certificate recognizing your contribution
5. Learn about relevant personal finance topics related to your graphic design assignments.
-Hours are flexible
-Start dates and end dates are flexible.
-Work can be done remotely and meetings can be held by Skype, or by phone; saving the time and cost of commuting.
- Many of our interns have a paid job not related to their career and intern with us as their career related experience.
ResponsibilitiesAssignment will include:
1. Audition male and female voices for selection.
2. Submit recordings of each for approval before making the final casting. Casting male and female with voices (a 5th as an understudy or alternate is recommended) that satisfy the criteria described above. (Those who read the narration well enough to use, will have their names acknowledged on our website and the software program when it is launched and you may provide them with copy of the recording for their portfolios.)
3. Have approved cast fill our standard legal release, (release provided).
4. Direct, rehearse, record and hopefully editing four voice-overs of the narration for two segments of the software program, (preference for candidates and casts who can record the remaining two segments when the narration is ready).
5. Be prepared to submit recording for comments and to record portions again or edit to address the comments.
6. May need to do a couple of rounds of refining.
7. Add music and sound effects (preferred)
8. Match timing to software. (preferred)
9. Lay audio track (preferred)
Have access to quality recording equipment to use for the project
Have two males and two female who sound like the are in their early twenties , enunciate clearly, sound intelligent but not nerdy, have authentic energy and enthusiasm in their voices. Theater students or campus D J's may be good choice, but the voices must sound natural and not "fake cool", not nerdy and not too cool. Your voice can be one of the voices.
Preference for candidates who:
1. has access to recording studio or other soundproof place to record. (Can provide if in Stamford, CT area.)
2. has experience with audio equipment. (Can provide if in Stamford, CT area.)
3. has experience editing audio tracks
4. has experience with mixing audio track (that is narration, music and sound effects)
5. has ability to develop audio track and add to software program
6. has experience in theater or as a D.J. for radio station.
7. has taken technical audio courses or has had equivalent audio experience.
8. knows how to integrate visual components (film, audio, animation, etc.) and audio components into software are preferred.
9. has time to work on. (The sooner we can get the track the better so prefer candidate that has time to do this ASAP.)
The candidate must have the ability to:
Complete their designated assignments when promised.
Effectively communicate his/her questions, ideas, and status of progress.
Work independently and virtually.