UberX Driving PartnerUber
Business Development / Sales InternTheee Rivers Transportation
Logistics and Transportation Intern - American Red Cross Biomedical ServicesAmerican Red Cross - Biomedical Services
Marketing InternHayward Veteran Cycles
Business Development / Sales InternAll Reasons Moving
Pet Relocation Office AssociateBookmark This
Vetport at JFK Airport
DescriptionWe are one of the world's largest pet relocation firms, specializing in the transport of domestic pets for relocating executives of Fortune 500 companies.
We are presently seeking a Pet Relocation Office Associate to intern in our JFK Airport location this spring working part-time hours (15 hours weekly), leading into a full-time, 40 hour a week schedule during the summer months.
If you love animals and would like to learn about this industry, while receiving valuable administrative experience, we welcome hearing from you. This can be a year-round internship opportunity for the right candidate.
Position: Office Associate Intern
Location: Vetport at JFK Airport; Jamaica, NY
(Only those students at nearby schools should apply for this position)
Reports to: Senior Pet Care Specialist
Hourly Compensation: $13/hour
Hours: Now through April, flexible with student schedule, estimate 15 hours weekly and may include 2 partial Saturdays per month
May through end of August: 40 hour week schedule (may also include two partial Saturdays per month)
This office manages the local drivers who facilitate the transport of pets in the tri-state area as well as the northeast region.
* General administrative support includes answering incoming calls and e-mails
* Interfacing with other departments within the company to provide information as needed with regard to the transport of pets
* Maintain drivers schedule in Excel
* Review pet transport documents to ensure accuracy
* Assist with securing USDA endorsements on documents
* Handles photography of pets to use in pet postcards that are distributed to customers
* Special projects as required
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Outlook, Excel
* Highly organized with attention to detail
* Ability to manage large volume of work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment, with good multi-tasking ability
* Excellent communication skills
* Passion for pets
* Prior work experience in a professional office setting preferred
* Reliable and trustworthy individual
* Must have current driver's license and be willing to drive at times within 10 miles of office
* Must be available to work part-time hours now through April and other off-season periods, and during the summer work a full-time, 40 hour week schedule beginning when the school semester ends in May
For consideration, please respond here or send resume and cover letter to:
Please put: OIJFK in the subject line of your e-mail.
No phone calls, please.