ACCOUNT SPECIALISTS / SALESMIRA TRANSPORT USA INC
IMPORT AND PRICING SPECIALISTSMIRA TRANSPORT USA INC
Safety Coordinator AssisitanceArrow Unlimited Inc
International Manufacturing Operations Intern For Luxury Fragrance Manufacturer3B International
Fleet manager assistantTeamwork Trucking
Dumbo Moving and Storage NYCDumbo Moving and Storage NYC
Delivery Driver CDL A Local $20.25 hrBookmark This
Posted: July 08 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Full-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionApply directly at:
The delivery driver’s primary function is to deliver and distribute Nestlé Products. Additional responsibilities include: delivering and unloading palletized orders; checking product quantities for accuracy, and maintaining all necessary paperwork. Delivery Drivers manage customer expectations regarding delivery and receiving instructions as well as managing backroom storage. The Delivery Driver is required to effectively communicate with sales personnel and management while maintaining all Federal and State and D.O.T. regulations and requirements.
• Decision Driving skills including proper following distance, proper eye lead, proper stopping distance, checking intersections, using safety wedge, proper use of horn, left/ right turn execution, seat belt use, checking and scanning mirrors, proper speed maintained, proper lane observance, parks in appropriate locations and avoids backing-up.
• Know the Accounts (check-in practices, tendencies of other vendors, etc.) and create rapport with appropriate staff members in all accounts, to gain trust and build a positive working relationship. Communicate with staff by name during deliveries, and exhibit a professional, polite & assertive demeanor. Respond to customer requests, and forward customer requests on to sales representative or management as needed. Communicate with sales representative or customer service center on special needs accounts or depots.
• Follow the strategies and procedures outlined in the Work Methods Manual as verified on work-withs. Eliminate waste and maximizes productivity through Work Methods (Establish a routine, control the situation, sense of urgency, be proactive, Keep product mobile, no re-work, etc.).
• Adhere to planned routing stop sequence, to meet open/close receiving time windows and minimize overall mileage & travel time. Follow prescribed travel path, adjusting to mitigate delay only when necessary.
• Maintain neat and orderly backrooms, pick up credits on appropriate basis, place loads in proper freezer area, follow store procedures, and complete paperwork appropriately. Be mindful of fragile product, always handling carefully.
• Complete proper paperwork for returns, miss-picks, and transfers. Physically return product to warehouse when needed. To achieve above expectation when physical inventory is completed the variance should be zero.
• Conduct activities in a safe manner, follow corporate safety guidelines and requirements (no cell phones while driving, pre-trip/ post-trip inspections, proper bending, hand safety, etc.), use PPE, proactively address any unsafe conditions observed, locks vehicle, and completes DOT paperwork. Keep a clean and orderly cab and trailer.
• Prepare truck for operation by inspecting and documenting general condition-validating adherence to DOT standards.
• Demonstrate Decision Driving skills including proper following distance, proper eye lead, proper stopping distance, checking intersections, using safety wedge, properly using horn, left/right turn execution, using seat belt, checking and scanning mirrors, maintaining proper speed, observing proper lane, park in appropriate locations and avoiding backing.
• Respond to change with positive attitude, offers suggestions for improvements to increase effectiveness of change, support new initiatives, and maintain an open mind.
• Delivery to network of cross-dock facilities inclusive of moving route trucks into loading position and loading of product onto route trucks in the appropriate route
RequirementsMINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & EDUCATION LEVEL:
• Be at least 21 years of age for DOT covered position
• High School Diploma / GED equivalent
• Must have a valid Class A CDL with airbrake endorsement meeting DOT requirements
• Successful completion of post offer background checks, hair drug testing, DOT physical and motor vehicle/moving violations records check.
• Ability to work early morning/late night hours
• Willing to work over 40 hours when required
• Willing to work any day of the week, weekends and Holidays
• Ability to work safely
• Ability to read, write and speak English
• 2 years or more Class A driving experience in a business environment preferred
• Grocery/Retail experience preferred