Wildlife Conservation InternBookmark This
City of Clearwater
2750 Park Trail Ln
DescriptionThis position is available with the Parks and Recreation divison of the City of Clearwater. The Parks and Recreation Department consists of more than 230 full time and part time employees, 60 professional contract employees, 150 umpires, referees and
officials, and 500 volunteers. If you are interested in a fast paced experience then the City of Clearwater is definitly the place for you!
Responsibilities-51 acre nature preserve
-Bird walks, bird-watching tours & workshops
-Captive, permanently injured, non-releasable wildlife
-Child’s Nature Camps
-Environmental programs & classes
-Special Events like Fireside Concert Series
-Guided tours & group hikes
-Artists and exhibit designers
-Admissions counter, guest greeter and gift shop operations.
-Interactive educational displays
-Woodworkers, grounds-keeping and more!
-Past interns have worked on research projects, marketing,Care-taking of organic, vegetable and butterfly gardens
Requirements- College Student
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication
- Public Speaking experience a plus
- Previous experience working with children and animals a plus
- Possess multi-tasking and coordination experience
- Demonstrate attention to details
- Have working knowledge of Microsoft Office