Zookeeper Shadowing/InternLEO Zoological Conservation Center
Marketing/Development InternPuget Sound WildCare/South Sound Critter Care
Wildlife Rehabilitation InternPuget Sound WildCare/South Sound Critter Care
Hunting GuideMossy Oak Properties of the Heartland Farm and Land LLC
For Heaven's Sake Wildlife Rescue & RehabilitationFor Heaven's Sake Wildlife Rescue
Chimpanzee Caregiver InternshipChimps Inc
InternZoological Wildlife Conservation Center
Outreach Educator InternZoological Wildlife Conservation Center
Fish and Wildlife Conservation InternBookmark This
Hillcrest Event Center
16260 East 350th Street
Posted: January 12 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Hillcrest Event Center is offering a Fish and Wildlife Conservation Internship for students interested in Conservation and Preservation. This internship will prepare students for positions as a Wildlife Conservationist or a Wildlife Biologist.
Responsibilities• Anticipated activities include assisting with wildlife area management
• Monitoring of habitat conditions
• Making sure habitats are free from diseases and harmful insects, as well as working to protect them from fire.
• Check to make sure that soil is not contaminated and that water supplies are fresh and potable.
• Mapping and repairing fences
• Study organisms in bodies of water, including fresh water or marine fish.
• Record and study water quality and fish populations within rivers and lakes.
• May work in conjunction with fish or marine biologists
• Planting wildlife food, pond construction, and vegetative control.
• Public education, and relocating animals as needed.
• Game management activities may include monitoring marked wildlife, game surveys and data entry
• Coursework in wildlife biology or a related field, such as natural resources, agricultural science or environmental sciences, Botany, zoology, fishery management or wildlife management
• Ability to work outdoors in varying degrees of weather
• Strong communication skills and the ability to participate as a team member
• Familiar with computers, and able to enter information into a database