Various Winter and Spring InternshipsNew England Aquarium
Wildlife Rehabilitation Internship (unpaid)VHS WRC NC Zoo
Volunteer Sea Turtle Conservation Research AssistantLAST
Wildlife Conservation South AfricaNkonzo Bush Academy
African Wildlife and Big 5 Conservation ExperienceAfrica Project
Great White Shark ConservationAfrica Project
Raptor Rehabilitation Center InternshipRAPTOR Inc.
General Animal Husbandry and Care InternConservation Ambassadors - Zoo to You
Fish and Wildlife Conservation InternBookmark This
Hillcrest Event Center
16260 East 350th Street
Posted: January 12 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Hillcrest Event Center is offering a Fish and Wildlife Conservation Internship for students interested in Conservation and Preservation. This internship will prepare students for positions as a Wildlife Conservationist or a Wildlife Biologist.
Responsibilities• Anticipated activities include assisting with wildlife area management
• Monitoring of habitat conditions
• Making sure habitats are free from diseases and harmful insects, as well as working to protect them from fire.
• Check to make sure that soil is not contaminated and that water supplies are fresh and potable.
• Mapping and repairing fences
• Study organisms in bodies of water, including fresh water or marine fish.
• Record and study water quality and fish populations within rivers and lakes.
• May work in conjunction with fish or marine biologists
• Planting wildlife food, pond construction, and vegetative control.
• Public education, and relocating animals as needed.
• Game management activities may include monitoring marked wildlife, game surveys and data entry
• Coursework in wildlife biology or a related field, such as natural resources, agricultural science or environmental sciences, Botany, zoology, fishery management or wildlife management
• Ability to work outdoors in varying degrees of weather
• Strong communication skills and the ability to participate as a team member
• Familiar with computers, and able to enter information into a database