Snow Leopard BiologistKashmir World Foundation
Raptor InternshipAmerican Bald Eagle Foundation
Apprentice- Intro and Advanced Wildlife Rehabilitation,Veterinary Technician Apprentice (VTA)Wildlife Rescue & Rehabilitation
Piping Plover Internship - Southern Coastal New JerseySUNY-ESF
Coastal Conservation Research Program InternshipThe Wetlands Institute
Zookeeper Shadowing/InternLEO Zoological Conservation Center
Exotic Animal InternshipBarn Hill Preserve
WILDLIFE REHABILITATION INTERN (Full-time)Blue Ridge Wildlife Center
Fish and Wildlife Conservation InternBookmark This
Hillcrest Event Center
16260 East 350th Street
Posted: January 12 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Hillcrest Event Center is offering a Fish and Wildlife Conservation Internship for students interested in Conservation and Preservation. This internship will prepare students for positions as a Wildlife Conservationist or a Wildlife Biologist.
Responsibilities• Anticipated activities include assisting with wildlife area management
• Monitoring of habitat conditions
• Making sure habitats are free from diseases and harmful insects, as well as working to protect them from fire.
• Check to make sure that soil is not contaminated and that water supplies are fresh and potable.
• Mapping and repairing fences
• Study organisms in bodies of water, including fresh water or marine fish.
• Record and study water quality and fish populations within rivers and lakes.
• May work in conjunction with fish or marine biologists
• Planting wildlife food, pond construction, and vegetative control.
• Public education, and relocating animals as needed.
• Game management activities may include monitoring marked wildlife, game surveys and data entry
• Coursework in wildlife biology or a related field, such as natural resources, agricultural science or environmental sciences, Botany, zoology, fishery management or wildlife management
• Ability to work outdoors in varying degrees of weather
• Strong communication skills and the ability to participate as a team member
• Familiar with computers, and able to enter information into a database