Various Winter and Spring InternshipsNew England Aquarium
Wildlife Rehabilitation Internship (unpaid)VHS WRC NC Zoo
Volunteer Sea Turtle Conservation Research AssistantLAST
Wildlife Conservation South AfricaNkonzo Bush Academy
African Wildlife and Big 5 Conservation ExperienceAfrica Project
Great White Shark ConservationAfrica Project
Raptor Rehabilitation Center InternshipRAPTOR Inc.
General Animal Husbandry and Care InternConservation Ambassadors - Zoo to You
Wildlife Conservation InternBookmark This
City of Clearwater
2750 Park Trail Lane
Posted: March 03 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThis position is available with the Parks and Recreation divison of the City of Clearwater. The Parks and Recreation Department consists of more than 230 full time and part time employees, 60 professional contract employees, 150 umpires, referees and officials, and 500 volunteers. If you are interested in a fast paced experience then the City of Clearwater is definitly the place for you! This position is full time and is stipend pay ($100 week based on 36/40 per week).
Responsibilities• Summer internship will work on grid laying base of park using land surveys, GPS and take pictures of park for future development and expansion of park
• 51 acre nature preserve called Moccasin Lake Nature Park includes:
- Bird walks, bird-watching tours & workshops
- Captive, permanently injured, non-releasable wildlife
- Child’s Nature Camps
- Environmental programs & classes
- Special Events like Fireside Concert Series
- Guided tours & group hikes
- Artists and exhibit designers
- Admissions counter, guest greeter and gift shop operations.
- Interactive educational displays
- Animal care
- Woodworkers, grounds-keeping and more!
Requirements• College student interning for college credit
• Possess excellent written and verbal communication
• Previous experience in land surveys a plus
• Knowledge of GPS a plus
• Desire to lay base grids with GPS and land surveys for large environmental park development and expansion
• Possess multi-tasking and coordination experience
• Demonstrate attention to details
• Have working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Actively demonstrate the ideals for healthy living, i.e. tobacco free/smoke free workplace