Article Writing and EditingDELT
Content, Blogging, Social Media, and Online MarketingBizTraffic, LLC
Writing/Journalism Internship for a Hong Kong Startup MagazineJumpstart Magazine
Book Publishing (fiction/novel), Screenwriting and Pilot developmentHuey Media and LeaseSource Financial Services, Inc.
Social Media Marketing, blogging and Content writingNewWaveBI
Blogger/Creative Content Writer InternshipBookmark This
Keller Williams NYC
425 PARK AVENUE
New York, NY
DescriptionWho we are:
Keller Williams Realty Inc. is the #1 largest real estate franchise operation in the United States, with near 700 offices and 80,000 associates in the United States and Canada. The company, which began franchising in 1990, has an agent-centric culture that emphasizes access to leading-edge education and promotes an economic model that rewards associates as stakeholders and partners.
Keller Williams NYC is Manhattan-based franchise office; recently launched in 2011 and now ranked as in the top 10 of NYC’s largest brokerages. Our proven business model has led to rapid growth, and with more than 260 agents with us we are poised to change the landscape of the Manhattan residential real estate brokerage scene. Our goal... to be #1 brokerage firm in Manhattan in 5 years.
Internship in a nutshell:
This position is for qualified writers. Successful applicants will be responsible for generating relevant blogs posts relating to Manhattan real estate, night life, and events/activities, writing in a variety of voices, and understanding SEO optimization. This role will also work in tandem with our social media team to develop content ideas, update social media platforms, and support content initiatives.
What you’ll get:
• College credit
• An awesome resume reference from a national brand
• Connections in the real estate and finance industries
• Perks (i.e. metro card, lunch, invites to events) will be considered
• Opportunities for employment
• A place you’ll love working (and we have ping pong!)
ResponsibilitiesWhat you’ll do:
• Research, write and edit unique content, including call–to–action statements, headlines, page titles, and descriptions
• Incorporate SEO techniques (currently in line with Google’s Panda algorithm) into all content
• Deliver creative, clear, consistent, and compelling brand stories
• Develop fresh content for campaigns, projects, presentations, guest blogging and company brand guides • Solicit content submissions from independent industry influencers.
• Increase online presences across social bookmarking sites like Digg, StumbleUpon, and Reddit when appropriate given the content.
• Review and edit content prepared by fellow bloggers to ensure that proper grammar, spelling and structure is being used.
• Be based out of our Park Avenue office and commit to approximately 20 hours a week for a least 8 weeks
RequirementsWhy you’re perfect:
• You’re energetic, enthusiastic, articulate, reliable and smart
• You love to write
• You have good copywriting and editing skills
• You know how to create interesting unique content that engages readers
• You understand the principles of SEO and how to incorporate them into written content whilst maintain the creative voice required
• Real Estate doesn’t bore you, it excites and/or intrigues you
• You like to work in a fun and dynamic environment where the company culture is a priority
• You have integrity and understand that “black-hat” SEO techniques will not be acceptable
• You want to get an awesome recommendation for future employers
• You’re looking for the possibility of paid employment and see the internship as a challenge to show how great you are and what an asset you’d be to our company
How to apply:
• Respond to this ad and submit a resume and cover letter as a PDF file (preferred) or cut and paste into email/form. File types other than PDFs will not be opened. Please include a brief personal intro and let us know why you think this internship is a fit for you and what the most important thing is for you to get out of this internship. Also please include at least one writing sample.
Keller Williams NYC is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) and will make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, sexual preference, gender identity or gender expression, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws and regulations. Under the Americans with Disabilities Act and other applicable laws Keller Williams NYC will provide reasonable accommodation to disabled applicants upon request during the application process to ensure equal opportunities to be considered for employment.
In compliance with the Immigration Control and Reform Act of 1986, Keller Williams NYC will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Keller Williams NYC does not generally provide sponsorship or employment visa status. Employment by Keller Williams NYC is contingent upon completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, education verification, and satisfactory reference and background checks.