Blogger/Writer For Digital Magazine PiquenBookmark This
DescriptionDo you want to gain industry experience and connections? Can you work with a collaborative team? Join Piquen Magazine for a fantastic opportunity to network within the local art and tech start-up scene.
Piquen is a digital magazine company focused on millennial entrepreneurship, and discoverability of resources for entrepreneurs who need help finding them. We highly focus on diversity between race and gender while also bringing that gap between art and tech.
We can utilize a wide variety of skills, and we will also help you learn new skills if you would like and we are able.
Must want to understand and document the Artist and Tech Community community in Baltimore and around the world.
Responsibilities- 2-3 500 word articles a day for atleast 2 days a week.
- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Operations Manager.
- Research stories
- Developing and including a nice "story" behind the research
- Work on special projects, as needed
- Watching short video clips and writing a brief synopsis on each clip.
- Come up with topic ideas for blog posts to engage our audience.
- Conduct research for blog posts, including reading other blogs, doing interviews with candidates to be highlighted.
Requirements- Ability to Skype or meet 1-2 days a week
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Availability to produce 2-3 500 word articles atleast 2 days a week.
To apply, send your resume, contact phone number, email, and a writing sample based to email@example.com