DescriptionCalling all writers and journalism/communications/PR/marketing/advertising majors:
A new marketing agency is in need of several copywriters to create kick-butt marketing and sales collateral for the agency/brand and for new clients.
If you really want to find out what writing for marketing agencies and small to mid-sized businesses is like- and are tired of academic writing or corporate-ease, this is the internship for you!
You will be given the opportunity to write several types of content including:
- blog articles
- print articles
- social media updates/posts
- press releases
- email newsletters
- lead nurturing emails
- sales letters
- direct mail pieces
- e-books and guides
- white papers
You will work with me directly, as well as a team of other copywriters and an editor. You will be given guidance every step of the way.
This is an unpaid position but college credit can be given if arranged through your college or university. After successful completion of the internship a recommendation letter from me as CEO will be given to you for inclusion in your job search. The successful intern is also free to use whatever he or she produces in his or her writing portfolio. Oh, and you'll probably have some fun along the way!
Plus, you can do this job from anywhere you have a computer and internet access. Work from home in your PJs in the middle of the night if you want. I don't care. All I want is quality writing. I don't even care if you do another internship at the same time. I just need quality work from you on a timely basis and I'm willing to work with your schedule.
Responsibilities- Writing blog articles for agency and clients
- Writing emails for use in marketing campaigns (newsletters, lead generation, lead
- Writing content such as e-books, guides, white papers, and checklists for lead generation
- Research client industries and issues to develop new blog articles and content
- Some keyword research
- Writing sales copy for letters, email, and websites
- Writing informational/educational copy for agency and client websites
RequirementsIf you have the following skills and qualities (or at least 80% of them with a sincere desire to learn) apply now. I'm looking to fill between 5-6 positions immediately!
Applicants should have these skills, abilities, and qualities
- **Excellent written communication skills is a MUST have
- Strong attention to detail
- Capable of researching to find new content ideas
- Able to grasp a variety of industries quickly and find content opportunities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word or Google Docs. Knowledge of Gmail and Google apps a
- Able to use keyword research tools or learn quickly
- **Ability to write clearly in non-corporate speak. Need to use the language of small
businesses and their prospects and explain complex things, simply and succinctly.
- Also need the ability to write persuasively (when called for) without being salesy, pushy,
spammy or outrageous.
- *A good sense of humor
Those little asterisks (*) mean those qualifications are extra important- just in case you didn't know. :)