Copywriting Internship - Inc500 Start-up Needs Writer/Editor for Web ContentBookmark This
27 N Green St
DescriptionIF YOU ARE GOING TO APPLY, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY WITHOUT DOING THE PRE-INTERVIEW QUESTIONS BELOW.
Are you an English major? Communication or Journalism Major? Someone with a strong fundamental grasp of English grammar and interest in online publications?
We have a great internship opportunity for you!
First Impression Interactive (firstimpression.com) is looking to hire 1-2 copywriting interns to work out of our office in the West Loop of Chicago.
1) You show up when you say you'll show up.
2) You work hard, you come up with new and interesting ideas
3) You're excited to get a chance to have real impact on growing online brands
4) A proven aptitude and interest in online marketing, web site development, social media by doing one of the following:
a. Own a website/blog
b. Built a twitter following
c. Contributed to Github
5) Strong Communication Skills
6) Someone able to think creatively and write ORIGINAL content on a daily basis.
7) Someone who can come up with their own content ideas.
8) Understands why Buzzfeed content is so sharable.
9) Has experience working to meet deadlines.
• Work closely with the FII product team to help develop content for new site launches
• Write compelling copy
• You'll be writing content on a daily basis so a good understanding of English, Internet culture, and memes is required.
• Work with the design team and content team to help produce beautiful infographics that help our customers better understand complex subjects.
• Able to write about topics that you may not be an expert in so strong research skills are required.
• Basic HTML skills (H1, H2)
Three Pre-Interview Questions
(Resumes submitted without answering these questions won’t be considered)
1) Please link us to your favorite piece of content you’ve created that is currently live on the web.
2) Write 5 BETTER headlines for the following article
3) Pitch 2 Content Ideas for LivingSenior.com
a. Tell us the idea, 1-2 possible headlines, and why you think it would be a great addition to the website.