Looking for Writing intern for a Leading Health, Fitness, and Biohacking siteAmeerrosic
Paid Editorial Internship for College StudentsAdmitSee
Freelance Writers, Contributing Tech Bloggers - College students Jump start your writing careersInnov8tiv.com
Editorial InternshipPraetorian Group, Inc.
Writing Internship opportunity at Major Publishing HouseMotivational Press
Editorial AssistantBookmark This
Wilson's "Where To" Guide
DescriptionABOUT WILSON’S “WHERE TO” GUIDE (WWTG) | WWTG is an online blog that features weekly posts on where to eat, drink and be merry in Los Angeles. It also features occasional giveaways and interviews with notable public figures and up-and-coming movers-and-shakers. First launched in March 2010, it has been nominated for awards and currently has a strong readership. Please visit the blog at http://www.wilsonswheretoguide.com for additional information.
ABOUT THE WWTG INTERNSHIP | This editorial internship provides an inside look into what it’s like maneuvering through and working in the blog world. Interns will work to help bring the blog to the next level. By the end of the internship, interns should have a better grasp on what it takes to run a successful blog and will have completed a large amount of diverse editorial, PR and research projects.
**Please note: This is an unpaid internship that will mostly be virtual. There will be continuous email correspondence, weekly touch-base phone conversations and frequent opportunities to attend complimentary media events (lunches, dinners, parties, etc.) each month.**
If interested, applicants should first research WWTG on their own before sending their resume and cover letter. If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
ResponsibilitiesDuring their internships, interns will assist with various activities that include but are not limited to the following:
- Copy-editing and copy-writing (excelling in correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar.)
- Writing WWTG blog posts
- Managing WWTG social media initiatives
- Managing partnerships with other entities
- Conducting industry-related research
- Attending and covering social events on behalf of WWTG
RequirementsIn order to be considered for an internship, applicants should posses the following characteristics:
- A professional demeanor
- Great editorial skills
- Be detail-oriented, trustworthy and dependable
- Experience in social media (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Able to work independently
- Have their own internet/computer access