Editorial Features InternBookmark This
Minus The Box Magazine
Start Date August 18, 2014
End Date December 19, 2014
About Minus The Box:
Minus The Box is a growing online community of wholehearted seekers. Our main objective is to create a safe haven for unique and uplifting discussions. A young and ambitious start-up, Minus The Box is rapidly becoming the place to go for daily inspiration and motivation.
About The Position:
All features interns will work on writing and promoting the content of Minus The Box. Features interns spend most of their time researching story leads and facts on the Internet, writing, fact-checking, copyediting, and reviewing editorial submissions and correspondence.
Each intern is required to submit three features (>1,000 words) with original illustration/photography per month.
We are looking for interns with exceptional writing and editing skills, sharp analytic skills, meticulous attention to detail and factual accuracy, and familiarity with Microsoft Office, database programs and Internet research.
Send a resume and two writing samples to email@example.com with "Editorial Intern" in the subject field.
Responsibilities- Submit three features (>1,000 words) with original illustration/photography per month
- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, copy-editing, fact checking, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Professional, Recent Graduate, Graduate Student, Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in art, health, science, social science, journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance