Editorial Intern at Abrams Media (Spring Semester)Bookmark This
New York, NY
DescriptionAbrams Media is seeking editorial interns for a new women’s humor website. Are you a former class clown who has taken her talents for punning and sassing to the world wide web? Are you quick-witted and even quicker to find the best GIF encapsulating the world’s reaction to Miley Cyrus’ album being called “BANGERZ”? Do you follow lady comedians like Kathy Griffin and Amy Schumer on Twitter? Can you not stop sharing Youtube clips of 30 Rock with all your friends even though the series is over? (Yeah, we know, we’re sorry too.) Do you worship at the feet of Amy Pohler, the Golden Girls, Phyllis Diller, and Beyonce (who doesn’t)? If so, you’re our gal or guy! (it’s going to be a girl. #SorryNotSorry)
What will you do here? First off, you will be instrumental in helping to define our new site’s editorial voice! Your day will be spent dredging the internet river for hilarious, noteworthy stories and cooking them up into beautiful platters of wit and pun. You’ll be tweeting, facebooking, vining, youtubing, gchatting with the best dame this side of the Mississip’, watching, laughing, living, loving, learning, and dancing like no one’s watching.
Some other qualifications:
- knowledge of major female personalities and figures in comedy, be it stand-up, online, TV, or writers
- familiarity with social media
- knowledge of WordPress
- likely to make one LOL
To Apply: Please attach your resume and the the following three items in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) A quick blog about a recent news item. The blog should showcase your humor and creativity.
2) A longer humor piece. Be creative. Be original. This can be anything from a gallery to fanfiction about your bodega woman or man.
3) A list of eight (8) tweets you would file under #SorryNotSorry